PDA

View Full Version : vista business unexpected behavior

sdowney717
October 24th, 2009, 01:47 PM
i was playing around with my computer, I added more memory and overclocking the processor in the bios. then i booted up vista and it gave me a warning saying i was in violation of a licensing agreement? offered to revalidate something, and it went on to finish booting. was this like it was thinking a hardware change had occured? So i unclocked it and never saw that message again.

Now the next weird thing is i changed out the entire motherboard from a gigabyte to an asus p5qc with different northbridge, went from a p43 to a 45. all different hardware, except for the cpu and memory.
Vista simply booted and re detected all hardware and never complained about any license agreement.

i thought that was nice, but i dont understand why it did not complain even more vociferously about the motherboard change. I am kind of leary now of letting it do any updates since it might just blow up on me even though this is a valid copy of the OS.

mikewhatever
October 24th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Vista Business is not supported on these forums, I suggest asking at a Windows related one instead. Good luck.

johnboy1313
October 24th, 2009, 01:59 PM
im surprised and impressed your using vista business, not a lot of that out there.