PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] rythmbox can not play music

i4ba1
October 24th, 2009, 09:14 AM
hai all,
i try to play paly music using rythmbox. but, it did not play my music. my music have extension .mp3 and i use ubuntu 9.04. can you help me?? please!!!.

stinkeye
October 24th, 2009, 01:15 PM
hai all,
i try to play paly music using rythmbox. but, it did not play my music. my music have extension .mp3 and i use ubuntu 9.04. can you help me?? please!!!.
You probably need to install the restricted-extras package.
See this page for an explanation and how to:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats)

MelDJ
October 24th, 2009, 02:21 PM
just type sudo apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras in terminal. after it finishes installing, you will be able to play mp3s and other files as installs the codecs needed. see the link by the earlier poster for all the packages there are

i4ba1
October 24th, 2009, 04:17 PM
i still can not play mp3 file after download restricrted format. please help me??

MelDJ
October 24th, 2009, 04:19 PM
tried restarting the computer?

i4ba1
October 24th, 2009, 04:27 PM
yes i have restart my computer. what do you mean Keep your important files in HOSTS when ubuntu is installed with WUBI ?can you another solution to play my mp3 file in rythmbox?.

Bramkaandorp
October 24th, 2009, 04:30 PM
The WUBI thing is in his signature. It is not part of the post.

Cheers,

Bram

MelDJ
October 24th, 2009, 04:37 PM
thats weird. when you play the file, does rythmbox prompt you to install codecs?

i4ba1
October 24th, 2009, 04:55 PM
i have a prompt when i open mp3 file using rythmbox. here is the prompt:

Search for suitable plugin?
The required software to play this file is not installed. You need to install suitable plugins to play media files. Do you want to search for a plugin that supports the selected file?

The search will also include software which is not officially supported.

MelDJ
October 24th, 2009, 05:08 PM
thats the codec needed for rythmbox to play mp3s. install it