PDA

View Full Version : Total Restart of my System

Ravernomina
October 24th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Today im going to redo my mac. And i also finally decided to have a full Multi-boot of Ubuntu Linux and Mac OS X Snow leopard 10.6. I love both very dearly and this has been my dream a long time a fully Anti-Microsoft computer :P. Linux has finally gotten to the point with me that if a computer does not have a multi-boot of it the computer is crap xD. I am now backing up and getting ready to full reinstall my whole system for a multi-boot of this

Partition sceme
partition type: GUIDE

0:EFI
1:Mac OS
2:LINUX SWAP
3:LINUX ROOT
4:LINUX HOME??

Formats of drives
0:FAT32
1:Mac OS HFS+
2: SWAP
4:EXT4/XFS
5:EXT4

Boot types:
Mac OS - EFI boot
LINUX - GRUB2 Boot from Boot camp

Wish me luck (:

speedwell68
October 24th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Linux has finally gotten to the point with me that if a computer does not have a multi-boot of it the computer is crap xD.

Explain? I have no multiboot, I am 100% Linux and my computer isn't crap.

mivo
October 24th, 2009, 09:56 AM

Just nonsense from a Mac user who thinks Apple stands for freedom and choice, when really they are as bad, if not worse, than MS. ;)

Bucky Ball
October 24th, 2009, 10:06 AM
I would stick the swaps at the end. Slowest part of the drive. Minor point.

Ravernomina
October 25th, 2009, 05:47 AM

That also means as main OS if im saying not having a multi-boot WITH LINUX means the computer is crap duh thats means no linux the computer is crap

misfitpierce
October 25th, 2009, 06:50 AM
Goodluck... Hope 9.10 and OS X redo well on your computer :P

schauerlich
October 25th, 2009, 09:03 AM
I've got a similar set up. Should be good. I recommend installing rEFIt for your boot selecting needs.

Ravernomina
October 25th, 2009, 11:30 AM
well its totally done... RUNS AMAZING!!!!!

pelle.k
October 25th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Just nonsense from a Mac user who thinks Apple stands for freedom and choice, when really they are as bad, if not worse, than MS.
I love how you guys turned that around, and made it sound like he was bashing linux, when in fact he was doing the opposite.

I've got a similar set up. Should be good. I recommend installing rEFIt for your boot selecting needs.
I triple boot without refit, so it can be done. But refit does certainly make things easier for you.

well its totally done... RUNS AMAZING!!!!!
Mine runs very well too. I have a high end SSD HD in my mac mini, and kubuntu 9.10 boots up so fast you wouldn't belive it unless you saw it. Good stuff.

Ravernomina
October 26th, 2009, 05:50 AM
I love how you guys turned that around, and made it sound like he was bashing linux, when in fact he was doing the opposite.

I triple boot without refit, so it can be done. But refit does certainly make things easier for you.

Mine runs very well too. I have a high end SSD HD in my mac mini, and kubuntu 9.10 boots up so fast you wouldn't belive it unless you saw it. Good stuff.

got and SSD as well... 256GB only thing is i got to worry about the firmware SATA 2 glitch... Still not fixed yet (roles eyes)

CJ Master
October 26th, 2009, 05:58 AM
Just nonsense from a Mac user who thinks Apple stands for freedom and choice, when really they are as bad, if not worse, than MS. ;)

How does that foot in the mouth taste?