PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] WordPress theme + Ubuntu 9.04

WestCity
October 23rd, 2009, 10:24 PM
Hi,

before Ubuntu I used Windows XP and edited a WordPress theme named Carrington blog. I have translated major things into my home language and removed some things, that I don't need. After that it looks a little different from default Carington blog.

So, now I am using Ubuntu Jaunty and want to know, if there is a possibility to use "my Carington theme", that I edited in Windows XP, or I must install default one from official site and edit again, but now in Ubuntu?

Thanks in advance!

WestCity
October 24th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Nobody had such problem?.. Ok I'll try to explain in other words, thats wrong:

1. If I just copy&paste my old "WordPress" folder to /var/www, edit wp-config.php to update it with new name of sql db and mysql user&pass, and run in "Firefox", I see only php errors...

2. If I download and install a fresh "WordPress" and only copy&paste "Carington blog" theme to the theme folder, I can't see it in admin themes menu after I browse http://localhost/wordpress/.

Any ideas?

Ofc I could edit "Carrington-blog" again, but it will take a lot of time and why should I do so, if I already have one, what works great with "Windows XP" (but I don't use XP anymore...).

WestCity
October 24th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Hey, I can't believe, that nobody is using WordPress... :)