PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wine and MDAC problem

Radissthor
October 23rd, 2009, 04:01 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm using Ubuntu 9.04 and I downloaded Wine because I need two programs to run in Ubuntu: Band-in-a-box and NitroPDF.

I downloaded the exe file for nitropdf and right-clicked so that it openned with Wine. It worked fine, but it suddenly gave an error that said:

Install failed
MDAC 2.6 needs to be installed for this instalation to continue

I looked for a solution on the internet, but for my surprize I was unable to find one. I thought this would be a recurrent problem, but it seems that it's not...

Can anyone help me? It seems that MDAC is a Microsoft thing, so I don't know how to go about this issue :(
Oh! and please keep in mind... I'm a newbie and have little experience with Linux in general.

Radissthor
October 23rd, 2009, 11:06 PM
Well, no answers... It seems that the problem is very rare... :confused:

Mark Phelps
October 24th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Well, no answers... It seems that the problem is very rare... :confused:

According to the WinHQ site, Band-in-a-box is supposed to work but there's only one listing for NitroPDF and it plainly doesn't work:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=10093

Radissthor
October 25th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Oh, I didn't know there was a list of applications that worked and some that didn't. Thanks a lot for bothering to giving me that info. You guys here at Ubutuforums are shure patient with newbies! :D

Mark Phelps
October 25th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Oh, I didn't know there was a list of applications that worked and some that didn't. Thanks a lot for bothering to giving me that info. You guys here at Ubutuforums are shure patient with newbies! :D

Well ... I routinely pass that info along to help folks avoid spending hours trying to get something working in Wine -- things have already been tested and found NOT to work.