PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Bad Disk?

sk8trf
October 23rd, 2009, 03:34 PM
I just made an ubuntu disk to dual boot on my windows vista computer, for some reason it wont let me install it im stuck on the screen where it asks if you wanna run the live cd, install ubuntu, check disk. I can select different options but when i press enter nothing happens i can still use the F keys to change settings and stuff, i really want to get the live cd going and see if i can get my wireless usb network adapter to work.

anubhavrocks
October 23rd, 2009, 03:40 PM
If you can boot using the Live CD,perhaps you can install after you have started the live session.

sk8trf
October 23rd, 2009, 03:45 PM
The disk runs, but when it comes to the menu it wont let me select to run it without changing anything, i can move the selections up and down, but when i hit enter nothing happens

anubhavrocks
October 23rd, 2009, 03:53 PM
Do not hit any key.The Live CD should boot up automatically after sometime.Atleast that is what used to happen when i tried a Live CD.

sk8trf
October 23rd, 2009, 03:55 PM
I did that i restarted my machine and just let it do its thing and nothing happens its just sitting there on the menu screen

anubhavrocks
October 23rd, 2009, 04:01 PM
Maybe you can experiment a little with diffrent keymap

sk8trf
October 23rd, 2009, 04:12 PM
why would a different keymap work im using a stadard US querty keyboard

sk8trf
October 23rd, 2009, 04:26 PM
I went into the keymap option, and when i select USA and hit Enter it worked so why would Enter work in the keymap option but not in the regular menu when i try and select install ubuntu

anubhavrocks
October 23rd, 2009, 04:37 PM
See if this helps
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BootFromCD

pricetech
October 23rd, 2009, 05:03 PM
Start with the troubleshooting section of the page linked above. It looks like you may have either a bad download or a bad burn. For some reason that happens from time to time.