PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Latest Upgrade broke system

BoredOutOfMyMind
October 23rd, 2009, 03:11 PM
2.6.28-16 upgrade seems to have broken Nvidia. Tried to use jokey-gtk to enable restricted drivers- nothing. Removed Nvidia 180 - Nothing. Attempted install with envy -t

:confused:

I cannot get into any previous kernel as it seems the Nvidia fails each time. If this were 3 weeks from now, I would wipe and start again with 9.10. I kinda need my system for the next 3 weeks....:mad:

BoredOutOfMyMind
October 23rd, 2009, 08:43 PM
29 views and no solution.

I downloaded RC 9.10 and will attempt install on secondary 12 GB drive and if that goes well will upgrade the 320 SATA.

There are a number of reports of users with broken graphics both ATI and NVidia due to this Kernel upgrade.

wilee-nilee
October 23rd, 2009, 10:26 PM
Be patient, you have to remember that this forum is accessed by people world wide so you will probably get some help eventually.

BoredOutOfMyMind
October 24th, 2009, 01:19 AM
Be patient, you have to remember that this forum is accessed by people world wide so you will probably get some help eventually.

No kernel works now.

wilee-nilee
October 24th, 2009, 09:23 AM
No kernel works now.

I would try to help if I could but I have no idea as to the answer to this. If you don't get a response soon you might consider closing this thread and starting one with a more accurate description in the title the one you have now is a common one that could mean anything. I suspect many forum members may not even look due to it being a matter of efficiency. ;)