PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Initializing GLX code...

SBLMsurfer
October 23rd, 2009, 03:57 AM
I have been dual booting Ubuntu 9.04 and Windows XP for the last 6 months or so but I'm getting really fed up with Windows. I don't want to use it anymore, all it gets me is viruses and a slow response time.

I decided to save everything I wanted onto my external and do a total reinstall of Ubuntu 9.04. No more dual booting. Or at least that's what I thought.

Every time I try installing it runs the screen "Initializing GFX code..." and nothing happens. I've tried installing with 8.10 and it doesn't work either (it used to but does the same thing). About mid summer my computer stopped loading Ubuntu too... it just loads and restarts, loads and restarts.... over and over again. So yeah...

I'm starting to hate this desktop and want to throuw it away all together... nothing but problems this year with it!

By the way, I'm running an eMachines (classy I know) T3422, 2GB of ram, and the almighty Intel Celeron D with a 120GB HDD.

Also... I took out my graphics card in summer because I think it either got fryed or the xpress port doesn't read it anymore... my brother said to put it back in before installing Ubuntu... but is this necessary... my computer is under a bunch of crap and crammed in a tight spot (thats what she said).

SBLMsurfer
October 30th, 2009, 03:16 PM
I was able to install Ubuntu. I took out my aftermarket drive, and hooked up the initial drive it came with. For some reason the aftermarket Pioneer drive wouldn't read the ISO image cd of Ubuntu. After I used the drive the computer came with, it installed flawlessly.

I think I did this last time I installed Ubuntu as well. I took out the aftermarket one, installed Ubuntu with the initial drive the comp came with, downloaded some drivers and reinstalled my aftermarket drive. Don't know why I didn't think of doing that this time around...

But it works now!