PDA

View Full Version : Unix/X11 Saves the day?

Ravernomina
October 23rd, 2009, 03:17 AM
IN Jurassic park 1. When they are trying to reboot the system they used Unix with X11 to restart it. And they lock the doors from the dinosaurs...
Shows you Windows xD. If they tried to do that they would of died form a BSOD xD

steev182
October 23rd, 2009, 03:19 AM
Yeah, so realistic where the little girl is the one who knows how to use unix...

Ravernomina
October 23rd, 2009, 03:21 AM
Yeah, so realistic where the little girl is the one who knows how to use unix...

Well it did have a GUI :P. And she would of needed to use an ./something.SH command to get it to work 2 :l

BenAshton24
October 23rd, 2009, 03:25 AM

Hey! I knew how to use *nix systems at that age :P actually... I was probably a year or so older when I first started using Linux... my family are (for need of a better word) computards, so It was left to the power of BSODs and fragmented disks to make me find a new OS :P

Ravernomina
October 23rd, 2009, 03:32 AM
Hey! I knew how to use *nix systems at that age :P actually... I was probably a year or so older when I first started using Linux... my family are (for need of a better word) computards, so It was left to the power of BSODs and fragmented disks to make me find a new OS :P

Windows did one this right :popcorn: