PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Possible? If so how.

errormessage
October 23rd, 2009, 01:52 AM
Okay so Im wondering how to wipe out EVERYTHING (YES I GOT BACKUPS) and just have Ubuntu. I have:
A laptop with a 320GB hard drive, AMD athlon 64 x2 dual-core ql-62 processor, AMD64 ubuntu 9.04 LIVE CD disc.
The hard drive has 4 partitions on it!! Now my problem is their sorta screwed up...

So yea, is this possible? I need to combine ALL 4 partitions to make it into 1, 320gb partitions (Or two, one for my recovery partition that it came with by Toshiba and another for ubuntu)

I plan on having virtual machines to run windows XP.

BTW Im using Windows 7 right now!

Thanks!!!

drs305
October 23rd, 2009, 01:58 AM
If you boot the LiveCd and use GParted you can erase them all if you wish, then set up your partitions or let Ubuntu do it for you. Unmount all the partitions, including swap, to delete the partitions. You will already be on the LiveCD so all you would have to do is click on the Install icon.

9.10 is coming out in a week if you would prefer to wait for the next release.

errormessage
October 23rd, 2009, 02:44 AM
If you boot the LiveCd and use GParted you can erase them all if you wish, then set up your partitions or let Ubuntu do it for you. Unmount all the partitions, including swap, to delete the partitions. You will already be on the LiveCD so all you would have to do is click on the Install icon.

9.10 is coming out in a week if you would prefer to wait for the next release.

Thanks, it worked perfectly. Lets see how Ubuntu does now.