PDA

View Full Version : Western PA (Pittsburgh Area) Release Party

NightwishFan
October 22nd, 2009, 06:14 PM
Greetings all,

The last few years the Ubuntu Pennsylvania party was a big success, and I would like to continue the tradition of a great release gathering. I would like to ask anyone interested in going or helping me organize to please post their 2 cents here. I assume it would make sense to keep the party the same place that is was last April, which was the Fox & Hound. Keeping it there means that anyone who came before can find it again easily, and the establishment is already used to us going there.

I would mostly like to ask those responsible for organizing it previously to aid me, perhaps in setting up a reasonable date and time, and informing the Fox & Hound of our arrival. Thank you ahead of time for your input, any is welcome.

Here is the location of the Fox & Hound, courtesy Google Maps.
GOOGLE MAPS (http://maps.google.com/places/us/mcknight/mcknight-rd/8000/-fox-&-hound-pub-&-grille)

Sincerely,

Nightwishfan

gregsim
October 23rd, 2009, 02:12 AM
I attended the Jaunty release party. It was nice to meet some fellow ubuntu-ites, but precious little information was obtained. I am not sure how to work with you on this project as we are all rather anonymous, but I may be interested in attending again, depending on when it is.

NightwishFan
October 23rd, 2009, 03:53 PM
I am only as anon as I need to be. I am quite interested in helping Ubuntu more personally. Really I would like those who organized the last party to give me some information, such as a likely date and time, so I can call the Fox And Hound ahead of time. Feel free to attend, I will announce a date here shortly, if no-one else does so. Thank you for responding, I hope this party can be as much of a success as the last one.

TimBosse
October 24th, 2009, 03:39 AM
You got this. Not much to say. I just called and asked for 15 seats or so. They gave me seats where they preferred.

I also find that asking for dates and times from us just doesn't work. Work with FnH to come up with a date that works for you. I would also suggest to them that each person will be paying their own way. They might want to know that.

NightwishFan
October 24th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Thank you, I have decided on a good date and time, and I will call them to make sure that they know we are coming.

Fox & Hound
2002 N. Way Mall, McKnight Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15237

Friday, October 30th, 7:00 PM

GOOGLE MAPS (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=-&sll=40549915,-80020418&latlng=40549915,-80020418,7139722310897825880)

TimBosse
October 31st, 2009, 12:35 AM
Just me and the roomate again this release...

NightwishFan
November 1st, 2009, 11:22 AM
That is odd considering the turnout last April. I sadly, could not attend, due to transportation problems. I would even like to get together with at least a few people every release, I still would show up.

I think that more consideration should be taken into account in the gatherings, perhaps where we could actually aid some people interested in Ubuntu. I am willing to shoulder some of this myself.