PDA

View Full Version : Google Wave

nebu
October 22nd, 2009, 06:13 PM
Hey.... i just got to know about google wave.... it was kind of fascinating watching the presentation made at google io 2009.....

its really amazing what the gwt can be used to build.... what is your take on it...

btw.... do any of you know when they are going to actually launch the thing....

and another thing if u have any invites to become a beta tester fo wave... could you send me one at subs.zero@gmail.com

Dobbie03
October 22nd, 2009, 08:06 PM
Can anyone send me an invite too please, I really want to look at this.

My email address is mattdobson2001@gmail.com

andamaru
October 22nd, 2009, 08:12 PM
I have a Google wave account and it's really lonely. You're better off waiting for the public beta

Mateo
October 22nd, 2009, 08:26 PM
I have a Google wave account and it's really lonely. You're better off waiting for the public beta

yeah, very lonely.

hoppipolla
October 22nd, 2009, 08:27 PM
so what's it like? the video was really long and at the moment it just... it seems like you will have to be sitting there watching it too much to get a lot out of it, but I'm probably misunderstanding how it works.

How are people finding it? Is it closest in purpose to... Facebook? or Twitter? or is it truly unlike anything else and will exist separate to them or render them obsolete :confused:

steev182
October 22nd, 2009, 08:28 PM
make it a little less lonely.... stevie.mulcahy@gmail.com ;)

Mateo
October 22nd, 2009, 08:47 PM
id give you one but i don't have any invites. not sure when i'll get them.

andamaru
October 22nd, 2009, 10:50 PM
people who got invited by someone else can not send out invites

Mateo
October 22nd, 2009, 11:02 PM
people who got invited by someone else can not send out invites

got my invite in july for the dev preview.

Onyros
October 22nd, 2009, 11:13 PM
What kind of bandwith is recommended for it?

I'm asking 'cos I moved out into the country, and the connection speeds here... well, below average (around 6MB DSL connection, terrible upload), and I'd still like to try it out, eventually.

fitzydog
October 24th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Just got mine! Now I'm lonely.... :(