PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Studio XPS 1340 possible hardware problem

zuknivek
October 22nd, 2009, 04:03 PM
Hello Ubuntu Forums,
I recently bought a Dell Studeo XPS 1340. I was dual booting ubuntu and vista no problem but then one day, but at school, vista was required and I would get a blue screen whenever I would unplug a USB or eSATA plug. Reinstalled vista only, worked great for about a month until one day the system hangs and I have to hard shut down. I restart and the only way I can boot is in safe mode. I try reinstalling vista and I get an error message at the end of the install saying something like "Offline locale data corrupt. Please try installation at another time." This happens every time i try to install. Ubuntu on the other hand, will load live disk no problem until I get to the Keyboard Selection page. I click English Keyboard style, click next, the little partitioner loading box will load 100%, then it sits. I'm not sure if this is a hard drive problem or RAM problem, or possibly any other problem. I've tried booting from USB drive, and multiple Ubuntu cds all with the same problem. I just did 35.5 hours in memtest86+ with no errors. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TL;DR
Ubuntu hangs after Keyboard Selection. What do I do?