PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Hmm.. I like rolling ..

masux594
October 22nd, 2009, 01:19 PM
I've a simple question about gnome [my DE].. .. Is there a way to add an extra button near the 3 default buttons in the corner of the window, that let me to "roll up/down" the window? I know that in the window Preferences [under System>Preferences>Windows] I can enable the "DblClick roll up/down".. bit, if there's the way to add the button, i would be more happy =) ..So .. any ideas?

Anyway.. tnx for the time you gave to me!

Sysc, A

atomizer
October 22nd, 2009, 01:27 PM
as far as I know, it is not possible in Gnome. If you use compiz, you can use the Emerald window decorator and there it is possible to change the order of the buttons.

mcduck
October 22nd, 2009, 01:28 PM
Not with Metacity (or Compiz+GWD). Emerald does support that option (although most Emerald themes lack themed button images for anything else than the default buttons).

If you use Compiz you could do what I always do, and set mouse wheel to toggle window shading. To do that open gconf-editor, and set "apps/gwd/mouse_wheel_action" to "shade".

Or if you are not using Compiz, you could replace Metacity with some other window manager, like Openbox.

masux594
October 22nd, 2009, 01:40 PM
Hmm.. i currently use compiz, so, this evening i'll try the "Compiz" solution.. Tnx guys, you're so quick!

Sysc, A

mechro
October 22nd, 2009, 04:41 PM
Crux and Bright window borders do it. There may be more.

Tibuda
October 22nd, 2009, 05:40 PM
I also like it, but I bind it to double-click in the window title.

masux594
October 23rd, 2009, 08:21 AM
I also like it, but I bind it to double-click in the window title.
.. The problem is that, i always use Title DblClick for maximize, unmaxmimize.. i try to change it to Roll Up, but, I always forgot that i changed the action to roll.. but.. .. Another thing, can i use the mouse wheel [up/down] to scroll window [up/down] with it? line the command that @mcduck tells me before..not shading, but, rolling.. Is there a way? it would be better.. ..

Sysc, A

mcduck
October 24th, 2009, 07:20 AM
.. The problem is that, i always use Title DblClick for maximize, unmaxmimize.. i try to change it to Roll Up, but, I always forgot that i changed the action to roll.. but.. .. Another thing, can i use the mouse wheel [up/down] to scroll window [up/down] with it? line the command that @mcduck tells me before..not shading, but, rolling.. Is there a way? it would be better.. ..

Sysc, A

What do you mean with "rolling" if not shading?