PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] FreeRadius + Ubuntu 9.04

Ett_tingest
October 21st, 2009, 01:43 PM
Hello all people!
Im a beginner at Linux and I have been asked to install FreeRadius on Ubuntu Desktop 9.04. But I have got some problems with it. I am following a guide which you can find at: http://ubuntu-ky.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=8126395

The problems begin when I am to install needed support for the Apache.

The command tells to install lots of different php packages. When i seached for php packages i found php5. When I change the commands to:

"sudo apt-get install php5-mysql debhelper libltdl3-dev libpam0g-dev libmysqlclient15-dev build-essential libgdbm-dev libldap2-dev libsasl2-dev libiodbc2-dev libkrb5-dev snmp autotools-dev dpatch libperl-dev libtool dpkg-dev libpq-dev libsnmp-dev libssl-dev php5 php5-mysql php-pear php5-gd php-pear-DB" (I added 5īs behind some of the php packages)

it says it cannot find "php-pear-DB". I have asked on the swedish ubuntu forum and havent got an answer so I hoped that I will get one here. Why canīt Ubuntu find that package? In some forums some have said that php-pear-DB for php5 has been cancled due to security failures, and in others it says it has been merged with something else, and one person said he actually found php-pear-DB and managed to get it to work after some heavy modifications.

I really hope someone can help since i am a newvie in linux and donīt understand it well.

Thanks for your time.

Best regards/ Peter