PDA

View Full Version : I has icons! ^_^

hoppipolla
October 21st, 2009, 09:29 AM
I thought after all this time without a single icon on my desktop, I would finally add them in a very KDE fashion! hehe!

(oh and don't worry about that blurred bit - it's just one of my marketing attempts lol)

http://i35.tinypic.com/2uhveyr.jpg

:)

etnlIcarus
October 21st, 2009, 10:34 AM
wut

hoppipolla
October 21st, 2009, 01:14 PM
wut

sorry lol, I just love the way you can arrange icons with Plasma, so you can make them go at any angle and size! It's pretty cool :)

It also seems to have like NO rules as to where you can put them, so you can squeeze them next to things or make them look like they're falling down the side of the clock! lol

Starlight
October 21st, 2009, 01:18 PM
That's a very nice looking desktop! :D

RiceMonster
October 21st, 2009, 01:24 PM
Suddenly! Plasmoids! Thousands of them!

hoppipolla
October 21st, 2009, 01:27 PM
Suddenly! Plasmoids! Thousands of them!

They are a little out of control yes! I just keep adding more but see now I'm running out of room! lol

and thanks Starlight! :)

RiceMonster
October 21st, 2009, 01:30 PM
They are a little out of control yes! I just keep adding more but see now I'm running out of room! lol

and thanks Starlight! :)

I don't know if you know about it or are already using it, but you can have different plasmoids on each virtual desktop. Zoom out to activity mode, then go to configure plasma, then click something like "different activity per desktop". I can't check it right now because I'm using a windows box. You may find it useful if you're using tons of plasmoids.

hoppipolla
October 21st, 2009, 01:58 PM
I don't know if you know about it or are already using it, but you can have different plasmoids on each virtual desktop. Zoom out to activity mode, then go to configure plasma, then click something like "different activity per desktop". I can't check it right now because I'm using a windows box. You may find it useful if you're using tons of plasmoids.

That's really quite awesome! I will try that ^_^

Starlight
October 21st, 2009, 05:04 PM
I'm curious, where did you get the icon plasmoid? :) I was thinking about doing something similar on my desktop, but there's no icon on the widget list, and I couldn't find an icon plasmoid on kde-look :(

Niko Johnson
October 21st, 2009, 05:07 PM
Looks nice, i always keep nothing on my desktop but i like the screen shoot... makes window 7 look like a mistake :)

hoppipolla
October 21st, 2009, 05:12 PM
I'm curious, where did you get the icon plasmoid? :) I was thinking about doing something similar on my desktop, but there's no icon on the widget list, and I couldn't find an icon plasmoid on kde-look :(

You mean the program icons? All you have to do is unlock the widgets, and then drag the program from the Kmenu or wherever onto the desktop and it will create one for you :)

You can also right click them in the Kmenu and say "Add to Desktop" or "Add to Panel", but you just must have unlocked your widgets on the desktop first :) It's a little sloppy I know, but it's still early days for KDE 4 so hopefully they'll smooth out that little complication!

Looks nice, i always keep nothing on my desktop but i like the screen shoot... makes window 7 look like a mistake :)

Yeah man you know it! ^_^

Starlight
October 21st, 2009, 05:29 PM
You mean the program icons? All you have to do is unlock the widgets, and then drag the program from the Kmenu or wherever onto the desktop and it will create one for you :)

You can also right click them in the Kmenu and say "Add to Desktop" or "Add to Panel", but you just must have unlocked your widgets on the desktop first :) It's a little sloppy I know, but it's still early days for KDE 4 so hopefully they'll smooth out that little complication!

Thanks, it's working ^_^ I think I got confused because in KDE 4.0 there was an icon plasmoid for something like that, if I remember correctly...

hoppipolla
October 21st, 2009, 05:32 PM
Thanks, it's working ^_^ I think I got confused because in KDE 4.0 there was an icon plasmoid for something like that, if I remember correctly...

ah good old KDE 4.0! The fun I had with that! xD

I was using the beta as well and MAN was it buggy! hehe

Starlight
October 21st, 2009, 05:36 PM
ah good old KDE 4.0! The fun I had with that! xD

I was using the beta as well and MAN was it buggy! hehe

I was using the final version, and it was very buggy too :D But now KDE 4.3 is really good :)

RiceMonster
October 21st, 2009, 05:36 PM
^_^

Dear God, it's spreading!

hoppipolla
October 21st, 2009, 05:40 PM

woo! lol

Starlight
October 21st, 2009, 06:20 PM

O_o

hoppipolla
October 21st, 2009, 06:29 PM
O_o

lol I love the sig! xD

Starlight
October 21st, 2009, 06:31 PM
lol I love the sig! xD

Thanks, I just added it a few minutes ago ^_^

JillSwift
October 21st, 2009, 07:02 PM
Oh my God, it's full of stars!

=(O.o)=

=^_^=

Perfect Storm
October 21st, 2009, 07:05 PM
Oh my God, it's full of stars!

=(O.o)=

=^_^=

celebrities? :KS

hoppipolla
October 21st, 2009, 07:23 PM
I think I'm breaking KDE a little ._.

I have Chrome, Dolphin, Firefox and a bunch more apps open across 4 desktops, cube and all that jazz, with about 7 active file transfers across my disks, with Amarok managing a rather large music collection with... well you get the idea lol

It's struggling! xD

MickS
October 21st, 2009, 07:44 PM
Have you tried putting a picture frame on the desktop with a slide show, then putting your desktop folder on top of it? You then have a desktop folder with a slide show background that is different to the rest of it, pretty cool I think.

Mick

Starlight
October 21st, 2009, 08:30 PM
I think I'm breaking KDE a little ._.

I have Chrome, Dolphin, Firefox and a bunch more apps open across 4 desktops, cube and all that jazz, with about 7 active file transfers across my disks, with Amarok managing a rather large music collection with... well you get the idea lol

It's struggling! xD

Aww, poor computer! It's doing more work than mine does in a whole week, I think... :D

hoppipolla
October 21st, 2009, 08:53 PM
Aww, poor computer! It's doing more work than mine does in a whole week, I think... :D

No no well you see all those tasks had to be done THAT second! lol

I couldn't have just spaced them out to make it easier, that would have been too simple! xD

Have you tried putting a picture frame on the desktop with a slide show, then putting your desktop folder on top of it? You then have a desktop folder with a slide show background that is different to the rest of it, pretty cool I think.

Mick

That sounds cool I might do that :)

Starlight
October 21st, 2009, 09:55 PM
No no well you see all those tasks had to be done THAT second! lol

I couldn't have just spaced them out to make it easier, that would have been too simple! xD

Yes, I'm sure there was a very good reason :D If you spaced them out, the Universe would have imploded, or something :P