PDA

View Full Version : Lack of colour on screen since using 9.10 live CD

Scunnered
October 21st, 2009, 09:23 AM
I had a look at 9.10 as I had wanted to show a friend how to use a live CD for her internet banking. Everything went well until I shut down the live session.

I had noticed that when using 9.10 that the Intel graphics problem from 9.04 was resolved and that the display worked over the full screen.

On rebooting 9.04 the display on the laptop screen was washed out. There was a complete lack of clarity. It was like everything was geryed out to the extent that a white cursor was not visable. Fortunately I was using the laptop at home in this instance and I have it connected to a large screen which properly displays matters.

Currently writing this in 9.10 where the display on each screen is nearly identical. There is just a very small difference in depth of colour between monitors.

Is this a problem that I will experience until I adopt 9.10 or can anyone offer guidance to have 9.04 properly display again.

I would prefer to hold off adopting 9.10 until mid-end November until things bed down but if I am unable to obtain full resolution on the monitor then I will be forced to adopt earlier.

Many thanks,

Scunnered
October 22nd, 2009, 08:49 AM
Since this post was initiated I have been in and out of the system numerous times and still extremely poor visual effects on the laptop screen.

However about 20 minutes ago everything has reverted back to the original state. I had given up on anything happening and was going to load 9.10 beta. I don't know what happened but the matter is now resolved.

Scunnered
October 22nd, 2009, 06:53 PM
I was attempting to partition my system to permit a dual boot of XP and 9.10 and when working with Gparted Live CD again the screen dimmed down.

Attempting to load XP was hell as it was nearly impossible to see the requests for action.

There appears to be a problem if you use the 9.10 live CD while having earlier versions installed.