PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] ubuntu software center and resume from suspend 9.10

naught405
October 20th, 2009, 06:41 AM
ok i'm really new to ubuntu but so far i like it ok (other than people releasing software in source??? thats really irritating) my problem is ubuntu software center doesn't work. there's no "Install" button and file->install is grayed out for everything. no idea why.

second resume from suspend produces a black screen with a blinking white _ and nothing else...

sorry if either of those topics have been previously reviewed (i did use "check if already posted")

thanks for your help.

oboedad55
October 20th, 2009, 08:01 AM
ok i'm really new to ubuntu but so far i like it ok (other than people releasing software in source??? thats really irritating) my problem is ubuntu software center doesn't work. there's no "Install" button and file->install is grayed out for everything. no idea why.

second resume from suspend produces a black screen with a blinking white _ and nothing else...

sorry if either of those topics have been previously reviewed (i did use "check if already posted")

thanks for your help.

Look at the posts in karmic koala testing and discussion. I saw a reference to your suspend problem there and software center is new to karmic so you'll have better luck in that forum. http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=359