PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How do i UNINSTALL Ubuntu ?????

mrexcluszive
October 19th, 2009, 05:31 PM
how do i uninstall ubuntu and get rid of the GRUB loader to load my Windows partion?? i really really need this help asap ...

MelDJ
October 19th, 2009, 05:36 PM
how did you install ubuntu?
if its on a different partition: go to windows, then go to computer management and format the ubuntu partition there.
if through wubi: uninstall ubuntu from add/remove

presence1960
October 19th, 2009, 06:34 PM
how did you install ubuntu?
if its on a different partition: go to windows, then go to computer management and format the ubuntu partition there.
if through wubi: uninstall ubuntu from add/remove

That is only half the process if installed on a dedicated partition. Now you need to restore your windows bootloader to MBR or you will get a GRUB error when you boot because GRUB will be pointing to the partition you just deleted.

If you need help restoring windows to MBR post back.

B-Navigator
October 19th, 2009, 07:04 PM
how do i uninstall ubuntu and get rid of the GRUB loader to load my Windows partion?? i really really need this help asap ...

Hmm, is your problem about trying to remove Ubuntu from your machine, or is it that during your instilation you found yourself unable to set up to log into windows?
If it's the former, you probably want to use GParted to get rid of your Ubuntu partition and expand the windows partition, then use your windows disk to repair the windows boot system.
If the later, then you actually should be able to edit GRUB to boot into windows, though I'd have to search for the method myself.

gchand7
October 19th, 2009, 07:10 PM
use widoows to remove youe ubuntu partition and then Boot from xp cd
r to repair
select windowa partition
fixboot
yes
fixmbr
yes
restart

saif_held
October 19th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Or if you want to have Vista, just put the DVD let it boot, and go to repair my computer. From command prompt type:

Bootrec.exe/ FixMbr

restart & done