PDA

View Full Version : Sister suddenly into football

renkinjutsu
October 19th, 2009, 04:07 AM
So i hear my sister streaming football on the computer in the hallway.. she's never been a sports fan, so i suspect her sudden interest is influenced by her new boyfriend..

Anyway.. i sat next to her for a few moments, and i realized i had NO idea what was going on... i didn't even know why i was watching it. And before i knew it.... the words came out of my mouth

Did you see that ludicrous display, last night?
she agreed, and i ran into my room laughing.

ahhh.. moss.

Edit: oh, and i meant football in the USA, which isn't soccer, but a bunch of big guys with tights on..
Edit: linkage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKHyqjHqQLU)

edin9
October 19th, 2009, 04:09 AM
So i hear my sister streaming football on the computer in the hallway.. she's never been a sports fan, so i suspect her sudden interest is influenced by her new boyfriend..

Anyway.. i sat next to her for a few moments, and i realized i had NO idea what was going on... i didn't even know why i was watching it. And before i knew it.... the words came out of my mouth

Did you see that ludicrous display, last night?she agreed, and i ran into my room laughing.

ahhh.. moss.

Chairman WOW :D

Jesus_Valdez
October 19th, 2009, 04:16 AM
football as in "american football"?

you dont like that? Why?

Is a great sport.

edin9
October 19th, 2009, 04:18 AM

you dont like that? Why?

Is a great sport.

US Football is like Rugby it has no flow. Everything is stop/start, stop/start....

renkinjutsu
October 19th, 2009, 04:19 AM
I don't hate it.
It just doesn't interest me... not many sports do.

Jesus_Valdez
October 19th, 2009, 04:22 AM
Is nothing like that, is a "Physical Chess". Rubgy is great and everything but I really love football, I'm a great fan of my university team and the NFL.

The NFL network is the greatest channel ever made by man.

sports fan Matt
October 19th, 2009, 04:24 AM
Sadly enough I don't get NFL Network:(

edin9
October 19th, 2009, 04:26 AM
Is nothing like that, is a "Physical Chess". Rubgy is great and everything but I really love football, I'm a great fan of my university team and the NFL.

lol. At least US football players wear armor/padding.

PurposeOfReason
October 19th, 2009, 04:27 AM
I don't hate it.
It just doesn't interest me... not many sports do.
Not being interested and "NO idea what was going on" are two different things. I'm not too big on football, but it makes no sense not to understand it. Especially when you get older.

|Mitch|
October 19th, 2009, 04:36 AM

"physical chess" is a good way to put it. offensive coordinators trying to beat the defensive coordinators calls and vice versa.

Then you have the Quarter-back reading and reacting to how the defense lines up and can change the play, set up blocking, etc...

Then you have the Middle-linebacker reading and reacting to what the QB does and can change the play, set-up blitz's, etc...

And on top of that, then you add in the physical aspect of it all. Who plays better, is a better athlete all together, who makes less mistakes, etc...

renkinjutsu
October 19th, 2009, 04:39 AM
Not being interested and "NO idea what was going on" are two different things. I'm not too big on football, but it makes no sense not to understand it. Especially when you get older.

I wasn't interested, so i didn't think to pay attention to the announcer, and what was showing onscreen was a slowmotion footage of what appeared to be two men falling down.. :confused:

Frankly, i've always thought sports were boring, with the exception of watching live games.. but the only live matches i've been to were volleyball games, so i can't really compare with anything else

edin9
October 19th, 2009, 04:43 AM
"physical chess" is a good way to put it. offensive coordinators trying to beat the defensive coordinators calls and vice versa.

Then you have the Quarter-back reading and reacting to how the defense lines up and can change the play, set up blocking, etc...

Then you have the Middle-linebacker reading and reacting to what the QB does and can change the play, set-up blitz's, etc...

And on top of that, then you add in the physical aspect of it all. Who plays better, is a better athlete all together, who makes less mistakes, etc...

It still has no flow.

Khakilang
October 19th, 2009, 04:50 AM

you dont like that? Why?

Is a great sport.

Football I believe is you use your leg to kick the ball and not holding the ball in your hand and run. By the way ball mention is not even round. Maybe football is not the right term for that game.:confused:

JDShu
October 19th, 2009, 04:55 AM
Football I believe is you use your leg to kick the ball and not holding the ball in your hand and run. By the way ball mention is not even round. Maybe football is not the right term for that game.:confused:

The name is descended from "rugby football", which is descended from "football". (with some other developments in between)

"Physical Chess" is an awesome description.

ndefontenay
October 19th, 2009, 05:01 AM

When you write something like that you always have to mention "For NFL fans". Because my guess is there's over a billion people who never heard of it on this planet.

starcannon
October 19th, 2009, 06:03 AM
Edit: oh, and i meant football in the USA, which isn't soccer, but a bunch of big guys with tights on..
Edit: linkage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKHyqjHqQLU)

I dislike all football equally. Indeed sports in general are boring. Tights or no tights, it's all a big yawn fest.

Golf is pretty cool, I like taking naps to it, otherwise, meh.

j.bell730
October 19th, 2009, 06:05 AM
When you write something like that you always have to mention "For NFL fans". Because my guess is there's over a billion people who never heard of it on this planet.

Isn't it implied that each post is expressive of the respective poster's opinion?

nikhilbhardwaj
October 19th, 2009, 06:29 AM
US Football is like Rugby it has no flow. Everything is stop/start, stop/start....
+1
an absolutely idiotic sport

AsoSako
October 19th, 2009, 06:38 AM

renkinjutsu
October 19th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Oh my god I love The IT Crowd. And heh, seriously this story made me laugh out loud. Imitating the behavior of her boyfriend is whats ludicrous in my opinion. :D

Finally! someone who knew what i was talking about

JDShu
October 19th, 2009, 07:11 AM

I think we all know what you were talking about... the IT crowd seems to be a recurring topic lately.

misfitpierce
October 19th, 2009, 07:14 AM
I love US Football myself... If she truely like it then that is awesome... If it is because of new boyfriend and she just doing it for him to like her more then that is stupid for her to do so and a shame because US Football is glorious!

wilee-nilee
October 19th, 2009, 07:18 AM
I would watch out for the sister and boyfriend wearing matching clothing and buying a dual seat bike it might be serious.;)

edin9
October 19th, 2009, 07:22 AM

Hold on, you're an IT Crowd fan but didn't get my chairman wow comment?!? :confused:

NoaHall
October 19th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Yay, I'm a trend setter.

renkinjutsu
October 19th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Hold on, you're an IT Crowd fan but didn't get my chairman wow comment?!? :confused:

Sorry, i didn't catch that.
You must've posted as i was typing my response :confused:

edit: but hey, the more the merrier!

edin9
October 19th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Sorry, i didn't catch that.
You must've posted as i was typing my response :confused:

edit: but hey, the more the merrier!

http://year2.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/facepalm.jpg

running_rabbit07
October 19th, 2009, 07:37 AM
lol. At least US football players wear armor/padding.

Yeah, they don't like to get hurt. Show me a sport that requires brain cells, like hockey.

edin9
October 19th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Yeah, they don't like to get hurt. Show me a sport that requires brain cells, like hockey.

Do you mean ice-hockey?

running_rabbit07
October 19th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Do you mean ice-hockey?

Definatily not sky hockey, yes. If our tough foot ball players turn their head fasxt enough to follow the puck, they might hurt themselves. Yes, the hockey players wear gaurds, but they actually need them. Hmmm... Men in tights chasing a ball? Not very entertaining.

JDShu
October 19th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Definatily not sky hockey, yes. If our tough foot ball players turn their head fasxt enough to follow the puck, they might hurt themselves. Yes, the hockey players wear gaurds, but they actually need them. Hmmm... Men in tights chasing a ball? Not very entertaining.

o.O you try taking a tackle in American football without padding.

edin9
October 19th, 2009, 07:46 AM

Yeah, ice hockey is awesome! :D

running_rabbit07
October 19th, 2009, 07:50 AM
o.O you try taking a tackle in American football without padding.

Me and my friends used to play football every weekend of every winter. Fun to play, boring as ____ to watch. College teams appear to actually be trying, but the pros are just over paid......

running_rabbit07
October 19th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Yeah, ice hockey is awesome! :D

I only watch the UNLV Rebels games, but I do find it enteresting when they start beating the fudge out of each other.

edin9
October 19th, 2009, 07:54 AM
I only watch the UNLV Rebels games, but I do find it enteresting when they start beating the fudge out of each other.

I have no idea what UNLV means but ok.

running_rabbit07
October 19th, 2009, 07:54 AM
I have no idea what UNLV means but ok.

University of Las Vegas

edin9
October 19th, 2009, 07:56 AM
University of Las Vegas

lol, understood.

coolbrook
October 19th, 2009, 10:05 AM
As opposed to what? You just mentioned a couple of contact sports. You're no stranger to gravity. What do you expect? Gridiron football does have a flow. It's the down system. Look it up.

Slug71
October 19th, 2009, 02:24 PM

Ahh, Rugby has way more flow than American Football. Even in a game full of stop/starts. Stop/starts in Rugby also come down to team discipline, not the game/sport itself.

American Football sucks.

Simian Man
October 19th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Ice Hockey > American Football > All other sports.

And rugby is gay. (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/db/Allblackhaka.jpg)

Slug71
October 19th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Ice Hockey > American Football > All other sports.

And rugby is gay. (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/db/Allblackhaka.jpg)

Ahh, no you got that wrong see, American Football is gay.

That is the Haka(war cry) performed by the New Zealand All Blacks and has become a tradition to them.

AF players wouldnt last 15mins in a game of Rugby.

JDShu
October 19th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Ahh, no you got that wrong see, American Football is gay.

That is the Haka(war cry) performed by the New Zealand All Blacks and has become a tradition to them.

AF players wouldnt last 15mins in a game of Rugby.

And Rugby players wouldn't last 15 minutes in a game of AF. Whats your point?

running_rabbit07
October 19th, 2009, 04:03 PM

American football players are the laziest of all sports, except maybe golf.

Slug71
October 19th, 2009, 05:14 PM

Wanna bet??

running_rabbit07
October 19th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Wanna bet??

No doubt, 15 minutes is only about three plays, being they take forever to realign for each play. Nothing like buying time or catching breath after all that drinking the night before.