PDA

View Full Version : What Game Do You Play

Khakilang
October 19th, 2009, 03:10 AM
I am new to Linux. During my Window time I use to play War Craft-Reign Of Terror and Frozen Throne plus DOTA. So what kind of game is being play on Linux and what is the most popular game? Just to find some entertainment since I got free time from scanning virus, malware and spyware.

LowSky
October 19th, 2009, 03:17 AM
I am new to Linux. During my Window time I use to play War Craft-Reign Of Terror and Frozen Throne plus DOTA. So what kind of game is being play on Linux and what is the most popular game? Just to find some entertainment since I got free time from scanning virus, malware and spyware.

WoW should work just fine on Linux...

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=17421

sync
October 19th, 2009, 03:19 AM
Well, IMO, Linux isn't really the best gaming platform. I'd still recommend Windows for gaming, but for everything else I use Linux. Well, I guess I can't make that recommendation since I don't use Windows any more, do some gaming on my Mac.

Tipped OuT
October 19th, 2009, 03:21 AM
Well, IMO, Linux isn't really the best gaming platform. I'd still recommend Windows for gaming, but for everything else I use Linux. Well, I guess I can't make that recommendation since I don't use Windows any more, do some gaming on my Mac.

Yep, Windows is the best for games.

Unless you're a light gamer, and play old school games like Super Mario or something.

|Mitch|
October 19th, 2009, 03:28 AM
Warzone2100 & The Battle for Wesnoth are the only two I ever play any more. Other than the PS3

edin9
October 19th, 2009, 03:39 AM
Native ~ ET:Quake Wars - Doom III - Quake IV - Unreal Tournament 2K4 - Hereos of Newerth - Savage II - World of Goo. WINE ~ Warcraft III - Warhammer 40K: Soulstorm - Elder IV:Oblivion - World of Warcraft - GTA: San Andreas - Spore - UT3 (with eternity patch) - Pangya (private server) - Diablo II - Phantasy Star: Blue Burst (private server). That's pretty much everything I have installed ATM :)

days_of_ruin
October 19th, 2009, 03:42 AM

Heroes of Newerth runs native on linux and is pretty much DOTA++.

pwnst*r
October 19th, 2009, 03:50 AM
QuakeLive (native)

Ric_NYC
October 19th, 2009, 04:01 AM
Native: World of Goo and QuakeLive.

Bölvağur
October 19th, 2009, 04:01 AM
I really hate games now. I find them badly balanced and or have too simple ideas of gameplay.

I play quake live at the moment but I find it badly balanced. The theory of the gameplay is really good but the implementation is not very good at all. Thank god it is still way better than any of the games in the cod series.

mines is also a fun game, and crack attack. but those arent really the type of games you are looking for, those games are more the sort of games you play while watching tv or listening to an audio book (which could be a cassette for all I know).

edin9
October 19th, 2009, 04:02 AM
I really hate games now. I find them badly balanced and or have too simple ideas of gameplay.

I play quake live at the moment but I find it badly balanced. The theory of the gameplay is really good but the implementation is not very good at all. Thank god it is still way better than any of the games in the cod series.

mines is also a fun game, and crack attack. but those arent really the type of games you are looking for, those games are more the sort of games you play while watching tv or listening to an audio cassette.

Audio cassette? LOL

|Mitch|
October 19th, 2009, 04:08 AM
Does anyone even still have a tape player? :lolflag:

Bölvağur
October 19th, 2009, 04:18 AM
Audio cassette? LOL
rolf hahaha oh its 03:17 where I am posting this, cannot sleep but still tired.
I meant audio book, lol oh I fail. this will be fixed

edin9
October 19th, 2009, 04:20 AM
rolf hahaha oh its 03:17 where I am posting this, cannot sleep but still tired.
I meant audio book, lol oh I fail. this will be fixed

lol :P

shazbut
October 19th, 2009, 04:35 AM
Savage XR, Dwarf Fortress, World of Goo.