PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite browser?

Rogercorman
October 18th, 2009, 10:22 PM
I won't turn this into a poll for fear of missing some, but which is your favorite?

Mine is currently Chrome because of their themes--plus, it works much faster on my computer. I still have a thing for Firefox, though.

Greg
October 18th, 2009, 10:26 PM
It's still Conkeror for me, but I also use Midori for sites that don't play well in Gecko. Optimistically keeping an eye on uzbl, too.

Metallion
October 18th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Mine's Opera because I can easily keep it synced on all my computers/operating systems, it has mouse gestures, ability to recover closed tabs, full page zoom, it's very customizable and probably a few more reasons. :)

I know its features and more can be had in Firefox with the use of extensions but I just like Opera that little bit more.

*hides from the flamewar that is to come*

SuperSonic4
October 18th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Arora

NoaHall
October 18th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Firefox etc just stole features from Opera.

Anyway, I use chromium as my page browser, Opera as my video browser.

Warpnow
October 18th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Chromium or Opera, depending.

Opera is better. Chromium has more potential.

cb951303
October 18th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Chromium.

xuCGC002
October 18th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Firefox, I use it because of add-ons, and also because I hate Konqueror.

SuperSonic4
October 18th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Firefox, I use it because of add-ons, and also because I hate Konqueror.

What about Arora? It's Qt and Webkit

cguy
October 18th, 2009, 10:48 PM
Opera because
1) It has a nice RSS reader. I'd never read the interesting feeds if I were using a standalone feed reader
2) It has built-in email client; traditional e-mail clients give me nausea, use resources and I never bother to launch them. E-mail client inside the browser fits me great. :)
3) It requires little customizing and has lots of features OOTB
4) Pretty fast and secure
5) I like the bookmarking and note-taking system.
6) I like the custom searches

However, the devs are really slow @ implementing useful features (it doesn't have private browsing to this day), which led me to Firefox for a while; nice browser, but I prefer Opera.

Starlight
October 18th, 2009, 10:59 PM
My favorite is Chromium/Chrome. It looks very nice (especially with some of its themes), it's very fast, all websites I've tried so far work perfectly with it, its address bar is just as good as Firefox's awesomebar, and it has flashblock and adblock extensions. :)

xuCGC002
October 18th, 2009, 11:02 PM
What about Arora? It's Qt and Webkit
I play Quake Live a lot, though, so I'm kinda stuck with Firefox. It looks like a nice browser, pretty fast too.

vinutux
October 18th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Chrome/Firefox

nigel_nb
October 18th, 2009, 11:19 PM
chrome and firefox....

cornelis spronk
October 18th, 2009, 11:21 PM
I have started using Chrome for web surfing. It is by far the fastest.

I am learning its keyboard commands, which seem excellent. For example: to see bookmarks, type in Ctrl-B.

There are a number of things that do not work with Chrome. I go back to Firefox.

Speed is addicting! Firefox, which at one time seemed fast, is now very slow.

chucky chuckaluck
October 18th, 2009, 11:23 PM
chromium. and holy crap, i had no idea about the themes. DOH!

coldReactive
October 18th, 2009, 11:24 PM
Firefox, here.

djyoung4
October 18th, 2009, 11:26 PM
firefox for just browsing and chromium for school work. my firefox has so many add ons i get distracted trying to do hw. my chromium is nice and simple. I use opera on occasion when i want speed

Mohamedzv2
October 18th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Firefox and Chrome.

I like Chrome better though I use firefox way more, I use Chrome just for DA on my dad's computer

OutOfReach
October 18th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Chromium and Rekonq.

Rekonq is pretty fast and is evolving quickly, it seems. Plus you gotta love that KDE integration :)

On the other hand, Chromium is really fast, and stable/usable for the most part.

tcoffeep
October 18th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Chrome.

Cuddles McKitten
October 18th, 2009, 11:41 PM
I've been getting sick of Firefox's memory hoggishness, bloatedness, and other assorted tomfoolery. If I could find another browser with NoScript and Adblock capabilities (and doesn't mine data like Chrome), I'd switch in an instant. This looks like a good thread for me to watch.

For the above reasons, right now my favorite is Lynx. :)

joey-elijah
October 18th, 2009, 11:58 PM
Google Chrome.

Always.

river226
October 19th, 2009, 12:06 AM
I use the tried and true firefox, works well and is compatible with more sites then just about anything except the few explorer only things out there.
I think konqueror is a POS, and chrome is just to simple and feels a little in complete, though that's just how i feel.
as for opera i like it but it feels way to heavy at times, though probably would be good for a Opera OS, cause it feels like an all in one package.

hoppipolla
October 19th, 2009, 12:23 AM
Chrome yeah, but I usually use Chromium coz... actually I have no idea why I'm still on Chromium lol

I think all my bookmarks and settings are here now and I'm settled! heh :)

LinuxFox
October 19th, 2009, 12:23 AM
My favorite web browser is FireFox. Although I've tried Safari and Opera and liked them, FireFox is just a browser I like using more.

hoppipolla
October 19th, 2009, 12:32 AM
wow haha look at this!

http://www.unixmen.com/news-today/471-the-winner-is-google-chrome

Man IE sucks! xD

coolbrook
October 19th, 2009, 01:26 AM
Firefox because of the extensions and support.
Opera is faster but lacks the extensions and web developer love.

I like Chromium's speed. It's what I expected of Chrome on Windows. I find that, IE, and Safari slow.

anonymous_user
October 19th, 2009, 01:53 AM
Firefox because of its extensions.

emigrant
October 19th, 2009, 02:02 AM
Firefox.
Btw, does chrome support WYSIWYG?

Ric_NYC
October 19th, 2009, 02:15 AM
Chrome.

tcoffeep
October 19th, 2009, 11:44 AM
wow haha look at this!

http://www.unixmen.com/news-today/471-the-winner-is-google-chrome

Man IE sucks! xD

This is subjective

konqueror7
October 19th, 2009, 11:56 AM
firefox (extensible and matured)
chromium (huge potential and very fast)
elinks (my favorite cli browser)
opera mini (for my psp)

t0p
October 19th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Firefox. Mostly because of the functionality provided by various addons I use. But I haven't tried another browser for quite some time now. I haven't seen any reason to.But I'm not an advocate of that "If it ain't broke don't fix it" nonsense. So, I shall try out that Google browser (Chrome? Chromium?) when it becomes something approaching stable.

Incidentally, Opera stank last time I tried it (2007 I think). And that Konqueror krap on KDE is appalling (a browser and a file manager? Tell me it ain't so!).

Oh, and it isn't quite true that I haven't tried another browser for some time. I recently had a go on Icecat, the Free version of Firefox. Couldn't see much point to it though. I quite like the fox logo.

CharlesA
October 19th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Chrome/Firefox for me.

LepeKaname
November 11th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Opera, but I use Firefox more (cause the plugins)

ninjapirate89
November 11th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Firefox. Also, this should probably be in recurring discussions.

Khakilang
November 11th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Firefox but I may install Chromium just in case Firefox crash. Better to have a back up.

t.rei
November 11th, 2009, 05:50 PM
I am currently giving a shot to "rekonq"

It lightweight but almost feature complete. It desperately need adblock funkionality though, since the web today, even "respectable" pages are just... UNGH!

Perfect Storm
November 11th, 2009, 05:52 PM
(Primary) Opera and (secondary) Arora.