PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] eclipse

Quaker
October 18th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Hi all,

I've installed karmic beta version and a strange thing happened i'm a developer and i've copied my galileo version of eclipse into the new karmic but when i try to create a new project the wizard just gets stuck...

So i've tried to download the eclipse from the repositories the same thing happened i can't create new projects... no errors no nothing?? can anyone help me?

i've used a password to encrypt my home folder.... a new feature from ubuntu

thanks in advanced

cherva
October 18th, 2009, 10:02 PM
You can try to:

1) Try to only save a file to test if there is a bug and eclipse can't write to the file system.
2) Run eclipse from terminal and search for errors there when you create a new project.

Quaker
October 20th, 2009, 09:08 PM
It's possible to create a file i just can't create projects this instalation was running fine in the previous instalation (jaunty)

when i run from the console, with sudo, the result is the same...

watchamcb
October 22nd, 2009, 06:39 AM
Hi,

I am having a similar problem but I it seems to be an issue with Eclipse/Java not registering mouse events on certain buttons. If you use the shortcut key for the button (Alt+underlined letter - Alt+n for example) then the wizard continues.

The Eclipse installed through apt-get does not appear to have this problem (I also reinstalled sun-java6) but this version does not refresh certain screens (like the software updates) so you can't install the latest plugins. This also seems to be a problem with various other Java apps.

Hope that helps.
Craig

sloggerkhan
October 22nd, 2009, 06:46 AM
maybe it needs a different jre than what's installed default?

Quaker
October 22nd, 2009, 07:52 AM
I've installed sun jre! Well i don't if the problem is in eclipse. Because, like i said, the same eclipse was working on jaunty... all i've done was a copy from jaunty to karmic and i've tried to run other version like cdt and the problem remains. But the same copy on jaunty works. I went further i've dowloaded the windows version and run it on windows and it worked. The only thinhg that is diferent is that jre is an inferior version on windows.

patrick.c
October 28th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Have a look at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gtk+2.0/+bug/442078

The suggested "fix" with the environment variable works for me.

export GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=true

Hope it helps

GilbertEvanG
October 30th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Have a look at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gtk+2.0/+bug/442078

The suggested "fix" with the environment variable works for me.

export GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=true

Hope it helps

Thank you! That solved all of my weird UI problems I have having.
Hopefully this is only a temporary solution.