PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to post to Ubuntu Users Mailing List forum?

xpt
January 28th, 2005, 01:34 AM
Hi,

Is it possible to post to Ubuntu Users Mailing List forum without subscribing to the mlist?

All I get is this:

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

TravisNewman
January 28th, 2005, 01:45 AM
yeah I've been posting for a long time. I AM on the list but for a while I was using a different email. Are you trying to start a new thread or reply to one?

xpt
January 28th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the reply. I was trying to start a new thread. I just tested that it is ok for me to reply to the existing post -- don't know if it is populated to the mlist though (I did use quote).

Is it possible to start a new thread?

thanks

ubuntu-geek
January 28th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the reply. I was trying to start a new thread. I just tested that it is ok for me to reply to the existing post -- don't know if it is populated to the mlist though (I did use quote).

Is it possible to start a new thread?

thanks
It isnt possible to start a new thread, we set it up this way to prevent spam from going to the mailing list. If you wish to ask a question you can use one of the sections on the forums.

You can however reply to current topics in the mailing list thread.