PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] windows on top avoiding pointer compiz effect

Awareness
October 18th, 2009, 08:56 PM
ive seen the effect in videos, but i cant find it myself in the compiz wide range of options...

The pointer just makes move the "windows always on top" :)

Its nice... i want that!

ssouthparkk
October 18th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Need more detail, I don't get what you mean....

kimberlite
October 18th, 2009, 09:14 PM
+1 : Maybe you can post a video for that effect, or describe more precisely.

Awareness
October 18th, 2009, 10:01 PM
+1 : Maybe you can post a video for that effect, or describe more precisely.

basically when the pointer moves around the screen, the windows on top moves, for example, i have a video windows open on top, and im working on the background...

the video windows hides stuff behind it. I have to move with alt + click the window or on the tittle bar to reach something behind...

With this effect the pointer "repulse" the windows and when the pointer gets away, the window goes back to the place it were...

I saw it on a video, but i cant find the video either... did i just dreamed about it? 8-)

I dont know if this is a compiz efect actually

Awareness
October 19th, 2009, 08:59 PM
bump!

aveightor
October 20th, 2009, 05:10 AM
I think your looking for Focus Effect: Dodge Check this video at the 1:13 mark http://vodpod.com/watch/118904-video-compiz-fusion-compiz-beryl-linux-ubuntu-3d-dailymotion-share-your-videos

In CompizConfig Settings Manager, goto Animations under Effects. Click on Focus Animation, highlight the top entry. I only had one and the effect was set on N/A. I clicked Edit and set the Focus Effect to Dodge.

stinkeye
October 20th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Nah,