PDA

View Full Version : PHP development tool with code hinting?

artheus
October 18th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Hi!

I am out looking for a open-source tool for writing php-scripts, that has code hinting. As I work alone most of the time, I pretty much rely on code hinting to make my scripting as fast as possible.

Would be great if the program supports html, css and javascript hinting too.

Dreamweaver a really great program which I've used before, but as I can't afford buying Dreamweaver I'll have to rely on free/open-source solutions.

So the perfect thing would be if someone were to just wrap filezilla, firefox (including firebug, as wysiwyg) and a code-hinting editor to make the perfect replacement for Dreamweaver. I would really appreciate anyone who would help me out with this.

Thanks for any help!!

Cheers,
Artheus

OpenGuard
October 18th, 2009, 02:56 PM
NetBeans ( http://www.netbeans.org/downloads/indexB.html ).

NoaHall
October 18th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Geany is what I use.

artheus
October 18th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Thank you!

But wouldn't it be great if one could intergrate aan ftp-client, and stuff like that into this? And other web tools like it?

Cheers!

artheus
October 18th, 2009, 09:03 PM
I can see that NetBeans provides the ftp/sftp feature, and I'm happy about that. But with netbeans I'm not satisfied with the lack of proper code-hinting. In Geany the code hinting is way better, from what I've been able to see. But in Geany I could not find any way to make a ftp connection.
So NetBeans it is! But I would really like to know if there is some way to get better code-hinting in NetBeans? Or is it just waiting?

Cheers,
Artheus

Reiger
October 18th, 2009, 09:52 PM
There is a lot you can configure in Netbeans 6.7, from auto-formatting to syntax colouring to auto-completion: Tools -> Options.

Bad Sector
October 19th, 2009, 02:18 PM
I recommend Eclipse and its PDT plugin. Also i recommend to install Xdebug in your server so you can debug (stepping through, watching variables, break, etc) your PHP code from within the IDE.