PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite sport?

rado_london
February 14th, 2006, 12:55 AM
I have always wondering what the linux users favourite sport?

Well mine is Badminton. What about you?

mstlyevil
February 14th, 2006, 12:56 AM
Naked female mud wrestling. What man would not love that sport. :mrgreen: \\:D/

xequence
February 14th, 2006, 12:58 AM

XD

engla
February 14th, 2006, 12:59 AM
well since it's Winter Olympics I'll say
Cross-Country Skiing, since the norwegians always win. It's supposed to be like that at least.

Gandalf
February 14th, 2006, 12:59 AM
LOL i second you :D

rfruth
February 14th, 2006, 01:02 AM
Bicycling of course :)

beercz
February 14th, 2006, 01:02 AM
Football (soccer to the unitiated)

jyank
February 14th, 2006, 01:04 AM
baseball

rado_london
February 14th, 2006, 01:07 AM
This with the naked girls was brilliannt:D

super
February 14th, 2006, 01:08 AM
football (soccer to the unitiated)
basketball

rado_london
February 14th, 2006, 01:38 AM

Only a Gay I suppose, nothing againt them just a joke

Bandit
February 14th, 2006, 01:39 AM

Well mine is Badminton. What about you?
Drinking!!

mstlyevil
February 14th, 2006, 01:40 AM
Drinking!!

My second favorite. I love drinking while watching naked female mud wrestling.

Stormy Eyes
February 14th, 2006, 01:45 AM

Global Thermonuclear War.

Deaf_Head
February 14th, 2006, 01:50 AM
Drinking!!

AWESOME,

I used to have a shirt I got in Toronto that said Canadian Beer Drinking team with the Olympic logo on it.

bored2k
February 14th, 2006, 02:02 AM
Mixed martial arts (Gracie > * (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royce_Gracie))

bonzodog
February 14th, 2006, 02:16 AM
eh...sports...yeah...that normally involves playing a game-like thing with other people? Sorry, I don't do that. I'm kinda allergic to the idea of teams and having to work with other people. The closest I get to sport is reading the Hurling results on the net.

But Hurling is cool. I mean, an actual sport with the idea of maiming your opponents? Imagine Hockey, then cross it with American football..and remove the body armour, then make the ball hockey sized and allow shin whacking with the bat (the hurley) as a legitimate tackle manouever. You are beginning to see the point, no? I have actually heard Hurling described as 'A game of Death'. It's probably one of the most vicious bloodthirsty sports I have ever laid my eyes on.

eriqk
February 14th, 2006, 03:41 AM

How about a game of chess?

Anyway, mine would be Tai Chi. Not a spectator sport, I guess.

Groet, Erik

Jedeye
February 14th, 2006, 03:51 AM
Running & biking. Neither are really team sports(at least not on my level) but I like to get away from the computer every now and then.

Sheinar
February 14th, 2006, 03:58 AM
You and Joel Grind of Toxic Holocaust would probably get along.

briancurtin
February 14th, 2006, 04:30 AM
baseball

i played all of my life up through my freshman year of college when i got hurt and it basically ended all of that. im currently umpiring college baseball, worked my way up the ladder to get there pretty quickly too.

cstudent
February 14th, 2006, 04:36 AM
I got into running several years ago. Even ran a few marathons. I had to give that up because of knee trouble. My knee is better but I'm trying bicycling these days. It's not as hard on the knees. But my all time favorite sport is bass fishing. That's not hard on anything! :)

fuscia
February 14th, 2006, 04:43 AM
Mixed martial arts (Gracie > * (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royce_Gracie))

rickson by armbar.

my two favorites are track and golf, the only two sports i ever excelled at. 11.2 100 in high school and got down to a 7 a few years ago.

bored2k
February 14th, 2006, 04:53 AM
rickson by armbar.Well, of course Rickson's arguably better, but I just pretended he didn't exist and selected Royce because he was my first "love" in the UFC octagon (btw, did you know that Dana White, the owner of UFC, announced that he will be back for a fight in 2006 against Matt Hughes, the guy who is supposedly the best in their weight ever? :)). But yeah, Rickson owns (http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=rickson+gracie&so=0). He's daughter Kyra cute (http://www.dogsofwar.net/images/kyra.jpg) too :).

I'm *Shocked*. You would probably be the last person I would have known to know Gracie :O.

my two favorites are track and golf, the only two sports i ever excelled at. 11.2 100 in high school and got down to a 7 a few years ago.[/QUOTE]
7? Whoa. Awsome.

fuscia
February 14th, 2006, 05:01 AM
Well, of course Rickson's arguably better, but I just pretended he didn't exist and selected Royce because he was my first "love" in the UFC octagon (btw, did you know that Dana White, the owner of UFC, announced that he will be back for a fight in 2006 against Matt Hughes, the guy who is supposedly the best in their weight ever? :)). But yeah, Rickson owns (http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=rickson+gracie&so=0). He's daughter Kyra cute (http://www.dogsofwar.net/images/kyra.jpg) too :).

I'm *Shocked*. You would probably be the last person I would have known to know Gracie :O.

actually the 'rickson' by armbar' comment was a sherdog OT joke mocking all the rickson nuthuggers.

white is going to get his 'series of asterisks' kicked.

and yes, kyra is cute.

7? Whoa. Awsome.

only four clubs too.

DaMasta
February 14th, 2006, 05:04 AM
American football. Philly fan.

nalmeth
February 14th, 2006, 06:23 AM
Hockey hockey hockey

I'm canadian, and a zamboni driver, what would you expect? Of course I don't get sick of it. Despite all the problems professional hockey is facing lately (the legal ones, and last season being locked out), todays NHL is faster and way more exiting since the rule changes, and I think hockey is the most exiting sport in the olympics, not just because Canada kicks ***! :cool:

NMUrugbysteve
February 14th, 2006, 06:32 AM
Rugby and Racquetball

Krigl
February 14th, 2006, 08:12 AM

That's my girl, almost like Wednesday Addams ("Mankind's doom"), where have you been all my life?

Mine are - sex (doesn't look serious but you use sooo many muscles which normally just relaxing and succumbing to atrophy), special breath exercises (with different kinds of pipes or wrapped papers including strange green stuff) and sometimes wrestling up the beer bottles (which are called "krígl" here, hence my nick). And yeah, I did some orienteering and cayak floating when I was younger.

KiwiNZ
February 14th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Rugby, Motor racing . The only sport I am active in now is Cycling.

rado_london
February 14th, 2006, 08:29 PM
How about a game of chess?

Anyway, mine would be Tai Chi. Not a spectator sport, I guess.

Groet, Erik

I am up to. Just to mention that the world champion for chess is from my country:D

Stormy Eyes
February 14th, 2006, 08:30 PM
That's my girl, almost like Wednesday Addams ("Mankind's doom"), where have you been all my life?

Another ignorant male sees my flowing locks and mistakes me for a woman. Mwahahahah! :twisted:

bored2k
February 14th, 2006, 08:33 PM
*Laughing my *** off*

fuscia
February 14th, 2006, 09:07 PM
Another ignorant male sees my flowing locks and mistakes me for a woman. Mwahahahah! :twisted:

i know how you feel, sister.

Stormy Eyes
February 14th, 2006, 09:21 PM
i know how you feel, sister.

I'm the bearded lady. Who are you, one of the freaks?! :twisted:

super
February 14th, 2006, 09:56 PM
11.2 100 in high school and got down to a 7 a few years ago.
for a minute i thought you meant a 7sec 100m! :p

and I think hockey is the most exiting sport in the olympics, not just because canada kicks ***!
ugh! i can't stand hockey. but it's kinda cool to watch the team slay everybody else at the olympics!

another ignorant male sees my flowing locks and mistakes me for a woman. mwahahahah!
are you for real? i knew you were a man but i thought it was a pic of your wife or something. funny thing is now that i loo closer it really doesn't look much like a man! *feeling like a complete idiot* :???:

and if anybody needs a reason as to why i think football is the best sport in the world! it's hammer time! (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4017616536176919003&q=soccer+video) :p

cro.smiley
February 14th, 2006, 10:42 PM
swimming

Almighty
February 14th, 2006, 10:55 PM
I dont know if I would really like Female nude mud wrestling but I would love Female nude hot oil wrestling.

I am a Huge fan of Paintball (speedball) and Mixed Martial Arts.

Stormy Eyes
February 14th, 2006, 11:27 PM
are you for real? i knew you were a man but i thought it was a pic of your wife or something. funny thing is now that i loo closer it really doesn't look much like a man! *feeling like a complete idiot* :???:

My wife is much better looking, especially if you give her some makeup and let somebody who knows what he's doing photograph her. If you want proof, look at my FARK profile (http://cgi.fark.com/cgi/fark/users.pl?login=Programmer+Cat).

David Valentine
February 14th, 2006, 11:43 PM
Broomball (http://usbabroomball.com/)!