PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Need help with install error

deadbucker
October 18th, 2009, 03:40 AM
hi i am totally new to ubuntu... ive been using it for about 3 days now and i love it. the main purpose im using it is because i like to code.. and im trying to download

allegro-4.2.1-1mol.DevPak <-- :confused:

as you can see it is .DevPak... wtf is that ive never seen that before! i get a error every time i double click on it

FILE NOT FOUND! :mad:

i clicked on properties but i didn't see anything... could some1 please give me some conclusion Y this is happening... thank you ahead of time if u help :)

dominiquec
October 18th, 2009, 03:46 AM
If you're new to Ubuntu, I suggest working with the Ubuntu repositories. Use the Synaptic package manager to get acquainted. I did a quick check and there are some Allegro files there. That might be what you need (or not.)

deadbucker
October 18th, 2009, 03:50 AM
If you're new to Ubuntu, I suggest working with the Ubuntu repositories. Use the Synaptic package manager to get acquainted. I did a quick check and there are some Allegro files there. That might be what you need (or not.)

ok ty ill try that umm 1 more question... when you install them from synaptic mananger how do u use them?

dominiquec
October 18th, 2009, 08:56 AM
This presupposes that you know how to use allegro (which, unfortunately, I don't.)

In Synaptic, you can select your installed package, right click, and check its properties. That will show you what files have been installed.