PDA

View Full Version : database of trivia questions/answers under a free license?

MaxIBoy
October 17th, 2009, 11:50 PM
I was wondering if there was a database of machine-readable (i.e. readable by a computer program) trivia, with questions and answers, which was under some kind of free content license (Creative Commons, Artisic, GFDL, basically anything compatible with the Debian Free Software Guidelines.) The format it's in is unimportant, I can always massage it with grep, sed and awk later.

It's not really important, don't waste time doing actual research, but if you happen to already know of one could you link to it?

Thanks!

oboedad55
October 18th, 2009, 12:23 AM
I was wondering if there was a database of machine-readable (i.e. readable by a computer program) trivia, with questions and answers, which was under some kind of free content license (Creative Commons, Artisic, GFDL, basically anything compatible with the Debian Free Software Guidelines.) The format it's in is unimportant, I can always massage it with grep, sed and awk later.

It's not really important, don't waste time doing actual research, but if you happen to already know of one could you link to it?

Thanks!

Well, I was curious so I googled "ubuntu trivia game" and got a few hits among them this; http://linux.softpedia.com/get/GAMES-ENTERTAINMENT/Puzzle/Quimeleon-31347.shtml

MaxIBoy
October 18th, 2009, 12:26 AM
EDIT: no such luck, it only has a stub database of questions. (Looks like a cool game though.)

mafitzpatrick
June 23rd, 2010, 03:30 AM
Resurrect this old thread to ask...

MaxIBoy: Did you ever find the database of questions you were looking for?

I am looking for something similar for an educational site I'm working on ( http://www.smrtr.org ), and it would be great to add some more questions.

If not, I can certainly help you out with the ones I have so far.

All the best

MaxIBoy
July 11th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Nope, nothing. I don't really need the database anymore (told you it wasn't important,) but thanks anyway. :)