PDA

View Full Version : Google not found!!?

zxee
February 13th, 2006, 10:28 PM
I may and probably am off base somehow, but I can't understand why I get this error message:
Address Not Found
www.google.com could not be found. Please check the name and try again.

The browser could not find the host server for the provided address.

* Did you make a mistake when typing the domain? (e.g. ww.mozilla.org instead of www.mozilla.org)
* Are you certain this domain address exists? Its registration may have expired.
* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check your network connection and DNS server settings.
* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

I'm at a wifi spot and can access yahoo, webmail ( not gmail ) and other stuff like the ubuntu forum, but Google is Down? Is that possible? It-Google was there then suddenly nada. Strange.

Brunellus
February 13th, 2006, 10:46 PM
red herring. wireless connections drop an assload of packets.

cro.smiley
February 13th, 2006, 10:55 PM
I may and probably am off base somehow, but I can't understand why I get this error message:
Address Not Found

It workes fine for me.
I also use wireless connection.

briancurtin
February 13th, 2006, 11:24 PM
thats a red herring too. wireless connections sometimes dont drop an assload of packets.

Brunellus
February 13th, 2006, 11:26 PM
thats a red herring too. wireless connections sometimes dont drop an assload of packets.
you are of course correct. But I'm thinking that the problem is really more to do with his connection, rather than at google....

zxee
February 14th, 2006, 03:37 PM
you are of course correct. But I'm thinking that the problem is really more to do with his connection, rather than at google....

Thanks for the replies-I still don't know what to make of it. I was never able to use/find google again that day-just gave up and went home. This wifi is a free hotspot at Panera's ( a bakery/cafe in the Northeast ). I wonder why there would be so much variance in it? Also I was still able to connect to many other sites and even use bit torrent ( which I did stop to see if that was causing my problem-stopping it had no effect ).:confused: