PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] firefox 3.5 upgrade?

cygnis1
October 17th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Greetings,
I tried to upgrade to Firefox 3.5 using instructions from Ubuntu Geek
http://www.ubuntugeek.com/install-firefox-3-5-or-firefox-3-6-beta-in-ubuntu-jauntyintrepidhardy.html#more-2209 I cannot use it. and can find the files on my computer, but I am still using 3.0. When I try to open it in the terminal, firefox3.0 fires up. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Cygnis1

KegHead
October 17th, 2009, 03:05 PM
i upgraded to 3.5 with no problems.

still, i only use chrome.

oldfred
October 17th, 2009, 09:57 PM
I am not sure in terminal what the command is, but in applications, internet it is shiretoko. Karmic will have the 3.5 version as standard but of course they are about to release 3.6.

cygnis1
October 17th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Figures. Ubuntu is always behind. Anyway, thanks, I found it and now have it up and running. :)

tiggsy
October 20th, 2009, 03:44 PM
I upgraded to Jaunty and it seems that this is now part of it - i was very surprised to have firefox replaced by something called shiretoko - and to land on a page that says "Thank you for using a pre-release version of Firefox!" as this was not intended, and it seemed when it was loading up that dozens of plugins don't work - so obviously, I would prefer not to use it.

Why is a pre-release version of firefox being included in the updates?

cygnis1
October 21st, 2009, 01:55 AM
I don't think it was Ubuntu. I downloaded mine from a PPA. Only 9 days until Karmic and all will be well.
Cygnis!