PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Outlook 2007 PST File

afhkhan
October 17th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Hi All,

I formatted my Window XP laptop to boot into Ubuntu 9.04 version. I do not have any machine currently that runs windows now. I need to open a PST file of Outlook 2007 format for my emails. I don't want to install WINE and wondering if there is any application that can open PST files or allows me to open in Evolution mail.

Many thanks fr help in advance.

theZoid
October 17th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Hi All,

I formatted my Window XP laptop to boot into Ubuntu 9.04 version. I do not have any machine currently that runs windows now. I need to open a PST file of Outlook 2007 format for my emails. I don't want to install WINE and wondering if there is any application that can open PST files or allows me to open in Evolution mail.

Many thanks fr help in advance.

Yes...Outport...converts pst to evolution format....it's in my blog in sig somewhere (link for file and explanation how it works). 'port back :)

EDIT: This page, http://linuxchronicles.wordpress.com/page/2/ second from the bottom...it works good...I've dumped outlook and evolution both and went all the way Android/Google.

EDIT2: emails, I haven't tried my emails because they pull in from Google....but I can vouch for everything else it professes to do.