PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] NT kernel

darkodelta
October 17th, 2009, 07:50 AM
i have install XP and Linux Ubuntu 9.04,and later Windows 7 i remove Windows 7 but my NT kernel Boot loader don't show on start up...How do i get it back ?:confused:

swerdna
October 17th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Run gparted in Ubuntu and use "manage flags" to set to bootable the partition that contains boot.ini (usually sda1).

Then with the windows xp install cd go to the end --> repair --> run fixmbr

Then you'll boot to windows xp.

Is that what you wanted?

darkodelta
October 17th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Well i can't boot linux...thats problem it set to windows is default end its starting windows on startup...but can i set linux from gparted?
Thanks

darkodelta
October 17th, 2009, 09:12 AM
i have gparted on cd i can start him on computer star up as boot cd...then what?to show me boot loader on starup so i can choose OS

swerdna
October 17th, 2009, 10:41 AM
I thought you wanted your NT bootloader to show on startup. Booting Linux is a different problem. You need help from a Grub guru now to reinstall Grub code in the master boot record, accessing menu.lst in the boot folder of Linux.

darkodelta
October 17th, 2009, 02:42 PM
well how to access linux boot folder?i tried to access from a liveCD but it says that i don't have an authorization for that file...how to edit menu.lst ?:confused:

darkodelta
October 17th, 2009, 08:05 PM
i solved problem thanks for help :)

swerdna
October 17th, 2009, 08:12 PM
All right then, if no guru will help you, I'll try -- do this:
Boot the Ubuntu cd.
Open a Gnome terminal window.
Run this command:
sudo grub
Run this command:
find /boot/grub/menu.lst
That will return the partition number in a form like (hd0,2). It won't be exactly that, something like that.
Run this command (using your version of (hd0,2):
root (hd0,2)
Run this command:
setup (hd0)
Run this command:
quit
Run this command:
reboot

swerdna
October 17th, 2009, 08:14 PM
I just noticed -- while I was typing, you solved it. Good for you.

How did you solve it?

darkodelta
October 18th, 2009, 09:16 AM
i type those cods in terminal as you type in that last reply i found them on web by googleing but tnx. for all you gave me idea :)