PDA

View Full Version : Just back from windows camp

m4tic
October 17th, 2009, 07:47 AM
There's a lot of talk about the windows 7 release and it seems interesting to a lot of people. What's even more interesting was what i just saw.

I visited one windows forum and a lot of people there i can clearly say are rich. In one thread about the new release. Almost 80% of the users there had a 2year old pc, memory larger than 1gig, and they all will to buy a pc pre installed with windows . Wow.

Frak
October 17th, 2009, 07:49 AM
If it makes a difference, I do have over 8 GB of RAM now, and I would consider buying 7 if I didn't get it as part of MSDN.

Hey, guess what, some of us are able to have good computers, and some of us do like Windows.

xArv3nx
October 17th, 2009, 08:03 AM
If you want to see rich people you should visit an Apple store. :)

Pasdar
October 17th, 2009, 08:08 AM
I infact have the final Win7 Ultimate (pirated) on DVD but I uninstalled it and have Ubuntu instead. I could also buy it... using ubuntu doesn't mean you're too poor to buy windows... thats silly... if you want to know rich you should see some mac users as noted above.

the8thstar
October 17th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Ubuntu = poor ; Windows/Mac = rich is a false argument.

xArv3nx
October 17th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Ubuntu = poor ; Windows/Mac = rich is a false argument.
Have you ever BEEN to an Apple store?

Tipped OuT
October 17th, 2009, 08:36 AM
I infact have the final Win7 Ultimate (pirated) on DVD but...

#-o

phrostbyte
October 17th, 2009, 08:57 AM
cpu:[ AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor ] mem:[ 706MB used of 5982MB total (1049MB cache) ] hdd:[ ext4 with 1.4TB (1.3TB free) ] gpu:[ nVidia Corporation G96 [GeForce 9500 GT] (rev a1) ] distro:[ Ubuntu karmic (development branch) ] kernel:[ 2.6.31-12-generic ]

I have a computer with 6 GB DDR3. It runs Ubuntu very nicely. :)

You don't have to be rich to buy this. It costed me ~$700 in April (probably slightly cheaper now)

automaton26
October 17th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Actually, seriously wealthy people maintain their worth by *not* wasting money...

toupeiro
October 17th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Can we seriously bring this topic out of the clouds?!

A person of wealth isn't going to give a damn about the cost of a windows license or 8GB of ram, and quite frankly, neither is a poor person, unless their priorities are seriously jacked.

3rdalbum
October 17th, 2009, 12:01 PM
The people who go into Apple stores won't be rich for long; it's quite expensive to buy new Macs all the time because Apple has decided that their new programs won't run on the old operating system, and the new operating system won't run on the old computers.

the8thstar
October 18th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Have you ever BEEN to an Apple store?

I mean it the other way around: I don't think Ubuntu users are necessarily poor. And some Ubuntu users actually use it on their Macs.

Khakilang
October 18th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Its not how rich or poor. I believe its how the software work and performance and what hardware to use base on individual requirement. With money you can buy an eye candy computer but slow and clumsy and full of loophole for virus. Whereas you can opt for more secure and reliable OS. I think Redhat is not doing too bad.

Exodist
October 18th, 2009, 11:09 AM
I have a PC with 4GB RAM, AMD Dual Core 6000+ CPU and other goodies. But there will be a cold day in hell before I install Win7 on my machine.