PDA

View Full Version : facebook hijackers?

cptrohn
October 17th, 2009, 06:37 AM
I've noticed my windows using friends getting hijacked on FB quite alot lately... anybody else notice this?

Somebody sure is working on one hell of a botnet...

rb0171610
October 17th, 2009, 06:57 AM
I've noticed my windows using friends getting hijacked on FB quite alot lately... anybody else notice this?

Somebody sure is working on one hell of a botnet...
Probably. Personally, I think it is funny. Facebook Smacebook. Getting your Facebook hijacked is not like getting raped, robbed, murdered, starving to death, losing a loved one. . . need I say more? There are bigger problems in the world.

mr-woof
October 17th, 2009, 07:05 AM
how do you know the accounts have been hijacked?

ade234uk
October 17th, 2009, 07:16 AM
I wish people would wake up about Facebook, and understand the implications of letting the whole world know where you are and what you do.

There are already data mining sites around that are collecting and linking people together without their permission.

For example, If I put my girlfriends name in to Google, there is one site that links her name to her job, tells everyone that she has a facebook profile, and also links to pictures of where she went to school and some other misc stuff.

I do get annoyed when my Girlfriend keeps putting more and more pictures on Facebook, and I have warned here about the implications. But like many other facebook users they simply don't get it, and don't understand their identities could be used for cyber crime later on down the line.

cptrohn
October 17th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Probably. Personally, I think it is funny. Facebook Smacebook. Getting your Facebook hijacked is not like getting raped, robbed, murdered, starving to death, losing a loved one. . . need I say more? There are bigger problems in the world.

LOL I only worry about my own little part of the worlds problems.... I can't worry about whats going on with all the worlds problems.... I can only make sure that I take care of mine and not add to everybody else's.... If I only do that then I have done my part to make it a better place.;)

cptrohn
October 17th, 2009, 07:30 AM
how do you know the accounts have been hijacked?

They are clicking on messages from people that they have no clue on eart who they are and then they are using their accounts to spread to everybody on their friends list through facebooks messaging system. I've personally seen it happen with them 4 times in the last week. (It will also make a facebook status saying that you HAVE to click this link to see this awesome video)

AND sadly many of them are not that savvy and will click the link to the awesome video and infect their system and then keep spreading it on.

rb0171610
October 17th, 2009, 08:01 AM
They are clicking on messages from people that they have no clue on eart who they are and then they are using their accounts to spread to everybody on their friends list through facebooks messaging system. I've personally seen it happen with them 4 times in the last week. (It will also make a facebook status saying that you HAVE to click this link to see this awesome video)

AND sadly many of them are not that savvy and will click the link to the awesome video and infect their system and then keep spreading it on.
Well if they are dumb enough to click on stupid stuff like that they deserve to have their accounts hijacked. You dont worry about the world's problems but you care about silly stuff like this? We do not care about people that don't have enough sense to protect themselves online.

speedwell68
October 17th, 2009, 09:12 AM
I have a Facebook account, just so I can control my online identity. Having an account is more secure than not having one. At least I now get a notification if someone tags my name on a photograph, so I can go in and remove the tag. I certainly don't post any message on my wall or provide any details on my profile.

cptrohn
October 17th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Well if they are dumb enough to click on stupid stuff like that they deserve to have their accounts hijacked. You dont worry about the world's problems but you care about silly stuff like this? We do not care about people that don't have enough sense to protect themselves online.

Lighten up Francis...

Dude whats your major problem anyway?

Go get laid.