PDA

View Full Version : I have windows 7 oem!

kevpan815
October 17th, 2009, 03:02 AM
Zipzoomfly.com shipped it 2 me early!

hoppipolla
October 17th, 2009, 03:05 AM
erm... yay?

Is it good? o.O

Grant A.
October 17th, 2009, 03:06 AM
Windows 7 isn't even out yet. It sounds to me like someone gave you a Windows 7 RC cd , loaded some malware on it, and sent it to you.

hoppipolla
October 17th, 2009, 03:08 AM
Windows 7 isn't even out yet. It sounds to me like someone gave you a Windows 7 RC cd , loaded some malware on it, and sent it to you.

rofl! maybe O.O :)

Grant A.
October 17th, 2009, 03:14 AM
rofl! maybe O.O :)

It's happened to me before. Once I bought a Windows XP professional CD on Amazon, only to later find out that it was a counterfeit. Luckily for me it seemed to be a mistake. It turns out the company must've bought it from a less-than-trustworthy source, and re-sold it to me. I promptly got the real CD in the mail a few days later, for free.

By the way, this was a top of the line counterfeit, too. It looked just like the real box, had all the real art, the CD even looked real. That is, until I found out that the copper-plating on the roof of the CD was actually a sticker.

Frak
October 17th, 2009, 03:16 AM
Cool, I've had my OEM DVD for a week or two now. (Custom Builder)

MasterNetra
October 17th, 2009, 03:19 AM

Now not necessarily M$ released the RTM to manufacturers back in august, the RTM is essentially the final version as a OEM, it was processed and put on the bay relatively quickly too lol

rajcan
October 17th, 2009, 03:22 AM
I don't have the official OEM CD, but I've had Windows 7 since the first of September. I'm so glad my school is part of MSDNAA!! \\:D/

misfitpierce
October 17th, 2009, 04:01 AM
Yuck... :P

Tipped OuT
October 17th, 2009, 04:44 AM
Cool, tell me what build it is once (if) you recieve it.

kevpan815
October 17th, 2009, 04:58 AM
This is not a fake copy. The product key worked just fine and the product id says oem on it, this was a direct purchase from zipzoomfly.com and not though a reseller!

kevpan815
October 17th, 2009, 05:03 AM
P.s. The build number is 6.1.7600!

|{urse
October 17th, 2009, 05:04 AM
I really really like win7, so much better than xp and vista. Not half as great as nix of course though. :-k

kevpan815
October 17th, 2009, 05:09 AM
P.s. Oems and vlks got their copies all the way back on september 1st, 2009, and zipzoomfly shipped their copies early!

kevpan815
October 17th, 2009, 05:16 AM
The only things that i am still waiting 2 get my hands on is the rtw version of windows xp mode 4 w7 and msft office 2010 beta!

Regenweald
October 17th, 2009, 05:18 AM
Cool, I've had my OEM DVD for a week or two now. (Custom Builder)

I need to get one also. I cannot in good conscience install vista on a customers machine and XP has paid his dues, time to lay SP3 to rest. 7 should leave me with a clear conscience and peaceful sleep.

How many licenses did you get ?

Frak
October 17th, 2009, 06:32 AM
I need to get one also. I cannot in good conscience install vista on a customers machine and XP has paid his dues, time to lay SP3 to rest. 7 should leave me with a clear conscience and peaceful sleep.

How many licenses did you get ?

That should get me through a couple of years.

sudoer541
October 17th, 2009, 04:19 PM
I want a free and legal copy of windows 7.

hoppipolla
October 17th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Yuck... :P

haha yeah seconded, I don't really have too much interest in Windows 7! :)

Giant Speck
October 17th, 2009, 05:13 PM
haha yeah seconded, I don't really have too much interest in Windows 7! :)

Then why are you posting in this thread?

OH CRAP A WINDOWS THREAD I HAVE TO MAKE SURE I POST IN IT TO SHOW MY DISSATISFACTION OF WINDOWS BECAUSE THE WORLD WILL STOP ROTATING AROUND MY LOVE FOR LINUX IF I DON'T.

Frak
October 17th, 2009, 06:24 PM
then why are you posting in this thread?

oh crap a windows thread i have to make sure i post in it to show my dissatisfaction of windows because the world will stop rotating around my love for linux if i don't.
+9001
If your post doesn't pertain to the subject, don't post.

HappyFeet
October 17th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Zipzoomfly.com shipped it 2 me early!

Yay! Let's all throw a party in your honor.

HappyFeet
October 17th, 2009, 06:44 PM

What are you waiting for? Ballmer needs a new pair of shoes.

Tipped OuT
October 17th, 2009, 06:44 PM
P.s. The build number is 6.1.7600!

Ah, same one I have. Thank goodness I got mine for free from MSDN.

sudoer541
October 17th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Ah, same one I have. Thank goodness I got mine for free from MSDN.
is it legal to share MSDN software with OP?

Tipped OuT
October 17th, 2009, 07:14 PM

I don't know. Either way I'm not sending you the entire operating system.

As far as I'll do is send you the key, but I don't know if that's even legal. Don't want to get in trouble, sorry.

Erunno
October 17th, 2009, 07:15 PM

If you are a student ask if your university participates in the MSDNAA program. I got my free and legal version of Windows 7 Professional at the end of August from the MSDNAA website.

hoppipolla
October 17th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Then why are you posting in this thread?

OH CRAP A WINDOWS THREAD I HAVE TO MAKE SURE I POST IN IT TO SHOW MY DISSATISFACTION OF WINDOWS BECAUSE THE WORLD WILL STOP ROTATING AROUND MY LOVE FOR LINUX IF I DON'T.

lol ok, I only posted that because misfitpierce's post made me smile and I came on here because I was curious as to how kevpan815 got the OEM...

Frak
October 17th, 2009, 07:42 PM

No, it's not. If Microsoft were to find out, they would terminate his subscription.

...and I came on here because I was curious as to how kevpan815 got the OEM...

Become a System Builder.

Tipped OuT
October 17th, 2009, 07:49 PM
No, it's not. If Microsoft were to find out, they would terminate his subscription.

Ah, thank you for the heads up.

pwnst*r
October 17th, 2009, 08:09 PM
It's happened to me before. Once I bought a Windows XP professional CD on Amazon, only to later find out that it was a counterfeit. Luckily for me it seemed to be a mistake. It turns out the company must've bought it from a less-than-trustworthy source, and re-sold it to me. I promptly got the real CD in the mail a few days later, for free.

By the way, this was a top of the line counterfeit, too. It looked just like the real box, had all the real art, the CD even looked real. That is, until I found out that the copper-plating on the roof of the CD was actually a sticker.

just to clear up the confusion with this post, it was bought THROUGH amazon via another reseller.

JessicaD42
October 21st, 2009, 06:51 PM
Grant A,
Windows 7 will be available to the general public tomorrow. Currently, Windows 7 RTM is available to all who have a TechNet Plus and MSDN Plus subscription. If you have a TechNet Plus or MSDN Plus subscription you have access to download Windows 7 RTM and receive 10 product activation keys. To learn more about how to obtain a TechNet plus subscription, please go here: http://tinyurl.com/nnm26v
Also, if you are currently a student you may qualify for the $30 upgrade to Windows 7. For more information, please go here: http://tinyurl.com/m7nyxa
Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team