PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Need some help with Quad boot system-Ubuntu installed first

johntuxman
October 16th, 2009, 03:47 PM
This may seem like an odd request for most users but i need to install my laptop (Toshiba Satellite A350-20S) with a quad boot system running Ubuntu, Ubuntu Studio, XP & Vista/Win7...i am a newbie at linux btw...i am assuming thst it will be similar to a dual boot but is it easy to do with ubuntu installed first?

This is how i intend to use the machine:

1) Ubuntu - Jaunty (Currently installed) - General use and learning linux

2) Ubuntu Studio - Music/Video production & editing only

3) XP - External hardware so far only compatable with this os so needed (original cd owned)

4) Vista/Win7 - Vista install to be updated to Win7 on release (original cd's owned), trial external hardware's

I would really like to keep both linux and windows os running due to various different tasks i carry out, i need to learn the linux way before becoming reliant on it.

any help appreciated :P

phillw
October 16th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Hiyas,

this should go some way to help you

http://www.compatdb.org/support/topics/191025_quad_boot_using_windows_xp_vista_ubuntu_fed ora.html

From what I've read, it is usual to set up the dual / triple booting with windows + windows ( +windows) 1st, then add the lunuxes afterwards..

Phill.