PDA

View Full Version : Need feedback on KDE4 Color-Scheme :)

kraoZ
October 15th, 2009, 11:03 PM
I have never really liked the Oxygen theme in KDE, especially the buttons, they look kind of rough. So I have made a kind of alpha mod of the Oxygen theme, and would like some feedback.

Thanks in advance :D

PS:I will probably change the white to a more subtle grey later on :)

SuperSonic4
October 15th, 2009, 11:11 PM
It's technically good but I prefer dark themes- I'd give it a go if it was darker

hoppipolla
October 16th, 2009, 12:31 AM
Yeah it's kinda cool! Looks pretty similar to the normal one to me but I can see the difference :)

I guess the normal one can look a little odd, yours possibly looks a bit cleaner. Well, keep working anyway and posting screenies ^_^

Rogue dog
October 16th, 2009, 12:43 AM
What part of Oxygen dont you like, the widget style or colour theme?

kraoZ
October 16th, 2009, 01:13 AM
It's technically good but I prefer dark themes- I'd give it a go if it was darker

Sorry but dark themes in KDE always end up causing problems with Konqueror on some webpages.

Yeah it's kinda cool! Looks pretty similar to the normal one to me but I can see the difference :)

I guess the normal one can look a little odd, yours possibly looks a bit cleaner. Well, keep working anyway and posting screenies ^_^

I will :P

What part of Oxygen dont you like, the widget style or colour theme?

I'm not quite sure.

kraoZ
October 16th, 2009, 01:15 AM
Ok, I slightly cleaned it up! I may change the input boxes to a light grey as well, I don't know!

kraoZ
October 16th, 2009, 02:06 AM
Ok! I think I have the finished thing! I didn't expect to, but I have essentially just ended up producing a slightly cleaned up take on the Oxygen theme. After some small adjustments to avoid clashes, this is the theme I'm going to upload to KDE-Look.:D

http://i35.tinypic.com/35kojus.png

If anyone wants it, it will be called OxyMod or OxyMoron on KDE-Look!