PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu and PS3 120 GB slim installation process

tadinOS
October 15th, 2009, 08:57 PM
:guitar::popcorn:I haven't used Ubuntu and I'm trying to get my feet dirty on PS3 which recently purchased. So far on google i have read some other people comment and thoughts on installation issues. ex. Drivers not supported for Wireless (Wondering, when would the lastest patch done on where abouts). I'm interest to use the PS3 as a medicenter (supporting all media types files). Currently PS3 doesn't support, alternative I think could be to get an OS running, which PS3 pointed out(options gives us in the system setting). Choosing the rite OS among many linux is quite I'm little unsure. I thought we can run a comparision on various OS issues running on PS3 system which people have come across. Probably, I think I would be a newbie point from both PS3 and Ubuntu and my queries will definitely relate to other who would like to have ps3 system just to do more than a gaming console and an alternative to desktop processor @ home.

Thanks all in advance for their insights:):):)

stlsaint
October 15th, 2009, 09:26 PM
ive been told that the new ps3 slim does not support other operating systems on the unit!