PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Kramic release candidate install.

richlyn9
October 15th, 2009, 04:54 AM
I have messed up my Jaunty and am eager(and impatient) to install Kramic so i wondered if i could install the relase candidate after the 22nd instead of waiting for the 29th. Is there much of difference in the release refering to stability and performance and every aspect of the OS? Is is ok to install the release candidate and update it later after the actual release to get whatever changhes might have been effected?

drs305
October 15th, 2009, 04:59 AM
I have messed up my Jaunty and am eager(and impatient) to install Kramic so i wondered if i could install the relase candidate after the 22nd instead of waiting for the 29th. Is there much of difference in the release refering to stability and performance and every aspect of the OS? Is is ok to install the release candidate and update it later after the actual release to get whatever changhes might have been effected?

Yes you can install the RC. There will be a few changes before the final release but there should be no show-stoppers. If you continue to update your system normally you will have the final product once it is released and you do your updates. You can try running the LiveCD before installing just to make sure your hardware is going to work without problems.

I think you will reall appreciate Karmic once you learn about the improvements.

louieb
October 15th, 2009, 12:41 PM
The big difference will be the several hundred MB of updates that are almost sure to come between now and the final release. As drs305 says - let it do the updates and you'll have the final product.

I have a 2 week old beta install and I guess I've had over 350MB of updates already. Lots of things that did not quit work right are getting fixed.