PDA

View Full Version : kids movies?

sandyd
October 15th, 2009, 04:07 AM
How many 16+ old people here still watch kids tv shows for fun?

just curious.
and what are you watching? (or normally watch)

(im actually watching wizards of waverly place while typing this)

WinterMadness
October 15th, 2009, 04:12 AM
I like to watch movies that I liked from when I was a kid occassionally

I actually just got done watching both 3 Ninjas movies before posting this(I know theres 4 of them, but the first two are the only good ones)

TombKing
October 15th, 2009, 04:15 AM
There are some very very good kids movies out there.

I could kick myself for missing My Neighbor Totoro when it was making the art house theater rounds.

But in general Sturgeon's Law applies...

EDIT: Oh wait TV shows... I don't watch tv anymore other than what gets put on Hulu. I guess Robotech counts as a kids show.

CharmyBee
October 15th, 2009, 04:18 AM
I still watch cartoons. You'd be amazed how some of the plots are more original and better depth than 'adult' drama shows these days. I even get a kick out of the bad ones like A Pup Named Scooby Doo, and Sonic X.

RichardLinx
October 15th, 2009, 04:19 AM
Don't really watch tv and as a result I don't watch childrens tv programs. I don't think I would watch them if I did watch tv anyway though since they probably wouldn't appeal to me.

You'd be amazed how some of the plots are more original and better depth than 'adult' drama shows these days.
Oh yeah, I'd choose cartoons over a soap opera any day.

Vostrocity
October 15th, 2009, 06:02 AM
Oops I voted for No before I read the poll was for 16+. But even as a 15-yo I don't watch kids movies.

powerpleb
October 15th, 2009, 06:10 AM
I saw 'The Incredibles' the other night. Great film!

SomeGuyDude
October 15th, 2009, 06:19 AM
Pixar films don't count. Those are "family friendly" films. All that separates Wall-E from "grown-up" films is that it's CGI and doesn't contain anything offensive. It doesn't pander to children in the slightest. Dreamworks, on the other hand...

powerpleb
October 15th, 2009, 06:21 AM
Pixar films don't count. Those are "family friendly" films. All that separates Wall-E from "grown-up" films is that it's CGI and doesn't contain anything offensive. It doesn't pander to children in the slightest. Dreamworks, on the other hand...

Well, in that case, I thought Madagascar was OK.

JDShu
October 15th, 2009, 06:57 AM
Eh Pixar films don't count?

Well, I do greatly enjoy Phineas and Ferb, that show is genius! Probably the only thing of worth that comes out of Disney IMHO.

I loved TMNT as a kid, so I will watch it when the new show is on TV... and the Teen Titans cartoon is pretty fun. I will also watch all the previous generation cartoon network shows when they're on tv: Dexter's lab, powerpuff girls, samaurai jack etc.

|Mitch|
October 15th, 2009, 07:04 AM
I still watch cartoons from when I was a kid. And movies like Toy Story, Shrek, & Ice Age, etc...are still very entertaining.

Family Guy & The Simpsons are two more favorites

Chronon
October 15th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Family Guy and The Simpsons are not kid shows.

|Mitch|
October 15th, 2009, 09:05 AM
eh cartoons, close enough

nothingspecial
October 15th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Wait till you have kids. They`ll be the only movies you see.

Although to be honest, most of them are better than the occassional 6 month old grown up film my wife and I sometimes see as we sprawl exhausted on the sofa after the little angels have finally gone to sleep.

hanzj
November 4th, 2009, 08:57 PM
I don't watch kids' TV shows but I love kids' movies, if you consider Pixar Films to be for kids.

Squonk07
November 4th, 2009, 09:15 PM
When my family switched to AT&T for our TV service we picked up a lot of channels we hadn't had before, including Boomerang, which plays all the old Hanna-Barbara stuff they don't show on Cartoon Network anymore. That was a joyous month I spent watching Jonny Quest and The Flintstones and everything else. Like anything, though, it gets old, especially when they start looping through the same episodes.

Other than that, lately I've been watching a lot of the cartoons that keep getting used in YouTube Poops (SMW, AoStH, Sonic X). It's weird--I watch this stuff to look for a way to make fun of it, but there's a part of me deep down inside that enjoys it for its own sake. I never watched the video game mascot cartoons when I was young (I got into video games really late, around when I turned 20), so it's kind of new experience for me.

CharlesA
November 4th, 2009, 09:26 PM
I watched 'Aliens in the Attic" earlier today. Nice flick.

I don't really watch kids shows, since I don't watch 'TV' persay.

I think I've stuck with Stargate and McGuyver which I have on DVD.