PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Screensaver?

Rev. Nathan
February 13th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Indeed ubuntu comes with a plethora of screensavers, packed with features. OpenGL, Image usage, video usage (haven't gotten this to work?), RSS (!), and an easy interface (xscreensaver). But which of the many screensaver is your favorite? Maybe you have more than one?

Personally, I like carousel. Its like any other image-viewing screensaver, but with more than one picture! I set it to 8, pretty fun to look at.

briancurtin
February 13th, 2006, 08:48 AM
i just like for my monitor to turn off when i leave for more than 10 minutes. if im not there, i dont care if a carousel is running on my screen using my processor/memory.

tseliot
February 13th, 2006, 09:10 AM
GLXMatrix is definitely my favourite

zugvogel
February 13th, 2006, 09:22 AM
The blank screen. If I'm concentrating on something difficult, the last thing I need is the distraction of a flashy screensaver.

Perfect Storm
February 13th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Endgame screensaver (the one with chess pieces moving around on a chess board).

GeneralZod
February 13th, 2006, 10:10 AM
I don't use a screensaver, but sometimes they're nice to look at :) I prefer OpenGL ones that warp my current desktop, so mirrorblob and kglwatersaver are probably my favourites.

manicka
February 13th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Bsod

Lux Perpetua
February 13th, 2006, 11:38 AM
I'm partial to Flux from the ReallySlick package. Flux has been my screensaver for several months now.

However, the best screensavers I have seen are from the old 16-bit After Dark. I remember being mesmerized by "Mountains" and "Nirvana" as a child.

UbuWu
February 13th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Electricsheep! :KS

majikstreet
February 13th, 2006, 01:51 PM
the matrix one.. :D but I turn my monitor off when I'm not using the computer, so I don't really see it.. I wonder if you can rig a huge terminal to come up full screen and run cmatrix.. that's soo cool.