PDA

View Full Version : Acer dual-boot netbook: Windows 7 and Android!

t0p
October 14th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Acer have announced an Aspire netbook that will dual-boot Windows 7 and Android (http://linux.slashdot.org/story/09/10/14/1446234/Acer-Launching-Dual-AndroidWindows-7-Netbook?art_pos=10)!

User demand is not there for [other forms of] Linux [but] we never give up. We adjust,' said Jim Wong, Acer senior corporate vice president.

And why Android? "Because it has the best connectivity built into the OS."

It seems that Wong was also talking-up Google Chrome OS, calling it a viable alternative to Microsoft's web products. It looks like Google's involvement makes Linux an attractive prospect.

Lemmy's Wart
October 14th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Acer have announced an Aspire netbook that will dual-boot Windows 7 and Android (http://linux.slashdot.org/story/09/10/14/1446234/Acer-Launching-Dual-AndroidWindows-7-Netbook?art_pos=10)!

And why Android? "Because it has the best connectivity built into the OS."

It seems that Wong was also talking-up Google Chrome OS, calling it a viable alternative to Microsoft's web products. It looks like Google's involvement makes Linux an attractive prospect.

I know that many people here would not agree with the article's assessment. They are also happen to be regulars at websites such as Linsux etc.

Regenweald
October 15th, 2009, 01:16 AM
and the world will yell: thank you google! for ridding us, the end user, of viruses!
What's a debian ?
yes, severly off topic :P

Giant Speck
October 15th, 2009, 07:34 AM
So wait... the way I see it, it sounds like they expect consumers to use Android to access the web and Windows for everything else. Isn't that kind of a slap in the face to companies like Mozilla and Opera who make alternative browsers for Windows?

AllRadioisDead
October 15th, 2009, 07:42 AM
and the world will yell: thank you google! for ridding us, the end user, of viruses!
What's a debian ?
yes, severly off topic :P
I hope you didn't just ask what debian was, because it's 2am here and I'm not sure I'm reading that correctly.