PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Zynga poker on facebook.

mastermael
October 14th, 2009, 11:41 PM
I have a facebook account and one of my friends invited me to play poker, when i try to access it no tables came up, and i was wondering if anyone could help me.

servicetech
October 15th, 2009, 12:21 AM
Try switching user agent to Windows in firefox.

mastermael
October 15th, 2009, 05:58 AM
Try switching user agent to Windows in firefox.
can you explain how to do this?

BullHorn
October 17th, 2009, 12:11 PM
I have the exact same problem and I have no idea what you just said.

Joeb454
October 17th, 2009, 12:17 PM
This is the only game I ever use on Facebook. I've yet to find anything that works (including changing the user agent).

From what I can gather it's something to do with flash, because it will partly load, then just not display any tables. If it's any consolation, it works fine if you're running windows in virtual box ;)

BullHorn
October 17th, 2009, 12:23 PM
I've tried the User Agent Switcher but had no success. Any more ideas?

BullHorn
October 17th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Forgive the double-post but I would like to add that I have more problems with Flash. I can't pause/play/change-volume/etc in videos on youtube as well... It's got to be a related Flash issue.

Joeb454
October 17th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Forgive the double-post but I would like to add that I have more problems with Flash. I can't pause/play/change-volume/etc in videos on youtube as well... It's got to be a related Flash issue.

Are you running Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty) or 9.10 (Karmic)? I know there's still some small issues such as that in Karmic, however I had no issues in Jaunty with flash

BullHorn
October 17th, 2009, 01:37 PM
I'm on Jaunty 9.04 but don't mind that post... Tinkering for an hour got the issue solved. I found the sticky with the 5 steps to installing everything needed for playing multimedia and after trying everything, the last solution worked (Where I apparently uninstalled everything flash-related and then used the libflashplugin.so from the Adobe site).

Regarding Zynga Poker, same issue persists...

squiddy
November 1st, 2009, 03:53 PM
use flash player v,9 instead of v.10

download v.9 http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/linux/install_flash_player_9_linux.tar.gz

extract, and sudo cp libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

c0rrupt0r
December 21st, 2009, 01:40 PM
I have been trying to figure this out for a few months now and I finely crossed a web browser that works for the most part. Arora Web Browser was very easy to install and right away it worked with no installing of any flash or anything. the only down fall is while in the tables and so on in zynga poker it flickers the screen off and on but it surely fully worked for me.

To install this web browser you can simply go to synaptic package manager and do a search for it in there.

To note: I am running Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic

anand_30
December 29th, 2009, 05:21 PM
I also had the same problem and finally adobe has the solution now.Just go to adobe website and download flash player 10.1 plugin and install it using synaptic package manager and you are done.
I can play poker now using firefox.
Hope this helps.

LuisGMarine
December 29th, 2009, 05:48 PM
+1 for the post above me.

I was having problems with many games that are through Facebook that are generally flash based. What I did to fix this was removed whatever flash I had on my system. You can do so by opening up the Ubuntu Software Center and searching for "Flash" and remove everything that comes up that you have installed on your system.

After you do that just head over to the adobe.com website and download the .deb for Ubuntu 8.04+. Just double-click it to install the .deb and make sure all your browsers are closed.