PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Make Ubuntu look like KDE 4.3?

iheartubuntu
October 14th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Not really a fan of KDE but like the translucent look of it and the general overall look of it. Is there any way to change gnome to look like KDE 4 with a new theme? I havent found any that do the glossy look or anything to that effect. There are some black XP like effects, but not really into XP!

sgosnell
October 14th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Look for the slickness themes. There are several around, and Google should find them for you.

iheartubuntu
October 14th, 2009, 07:34 PM
thanks

nephish
October 14th, 2009, 07:55 PM
you might also want to try emerald as a window manager. It can run with gnome and has lots of glassy and translucent themes. Need a compositing capable video though.

WinterMadness
October 14th, 2009, 08:53 PM
ive never really seen any that make it look like KDE.

you should just download KDE and use it a bit more. a lot of people give up on kde in this ubuntu community simply because its not what they already use.

iheartubuntu
October 14th, 2009, 11:51 PM
ive never really seen any that make it look like KDE.

you should just download KDE and use it a bit more. a lot of people give up on kde in this ubuntu community simply because its not what they already use.

Thanks... I had an older version of KDE... 3.5 or something and upgraded to 4.3.... looks awesome... just have to get used to it, but all my apps work great so far!