PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem with Compiz

Chad5ter
October 14th, 2009, 05:04 PM
I have a Dell Inspiron laptop 1420 with Intel Graphics (945GMA). I found and fixed the problem easily, but I'd like to share it.

Once I finished installing "Wine" and tried to run iTune, it just gave me a black flash screen. I'm new on Ubuntu, since like 2months ago. Later, I just restarted my computer and I had no more Desktop Effects by Compiz. So I launch it in Terminal and tells me, kinda "No Screen to manage, can't manage screen 0:0". Then, I just return to Display, reselected 1280x1024 and press Apply. Once I done this, I was able to reactivate the Desktop Effects! I guess it's Wine's fault. Well, I'd like you tell me more about that bug, if you can... I'll appreciate it!

Cheers!

Chad5ter
Québec-~

Chad5ter
October 15th, 2009, 03:38 AM
Any Developer or Geek could tell me more about it... Or maybe just fix it for Karmic ? :P

Cheer!

Chad5ter
Québec-~

ArcaVex
October 15th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Usually you get that output message if some other application is running instead of compiz.

what command did you type to attempt to get compiz running? compiz -- replace ?

Chad5ter
October 15th, 2009, 07:54 PM
I just Type "compiz" in Terminal and told me "No screen to manage, Screen 0:0 can't be managed." In brief, one day I was working with Compiz ON, Next day... Compiz didn't start on startup and didn't want to start either telling me this error.

I had to reselected my Resolution in "Display" and make Apply to be able Compiz see my screen as Managable. Did same with Kubuntu on my Desktop. Compiz desactivate itself. Kinda mistake...

Desktop; Kubuntu
Parts; Intel C2D, w/ Most Asus and Nvidia 8800GTX Card.

Laptop; Ubuntu
Parts; Dell Inspiron 1420 w/ Intel 945GMA Graphics.

Chad5ter
Québec-~