PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] NVIDIA GeFOrce 9400GT

Oliphant
October 14th, 2009, 03:57 PM
I'm a new Ubuntu user and having trouble with a nVIDIA GeFORCE 9400GT card. I dual-boot with WinXP. I've installed the lastest drivers and Compiz and all the fancy visual effects work smoothly. It just seems all graphics just aren't crisp as they are on the Windows side.

I've tinkered with all the options in the NVIDIA X SERVER settings and searched but I just can't seem to find the answer. I don't know enough to change all these settings from various sites because I don't know how to undo them if need be.

Screen resolution is set at 1680x1050 -- Not sure what other information to give for a solid answer.
Thanks

psycho5
October 14th, 2009, 04:58 PM
What about your monitor settings? check the refresh rate. Also, if the graphics seem blurry then you should check the compiz settings under the general tab. There should be the option to tinker with the effects quality and resolution.

Oliphant
October 14th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Checked refresh rate its at 60. I played with settings in Compiz and still nothing has changed. The graphics just aren't crisp but not blurred. For a quick example, the UBUNTU Forums logo in the top left has rough edges and is slightly blurred yet its smooth and crisp under WinXp.

yo2boy
October 15th, 2009, 01:41 AM
Can you provide a screenie?