PDA

View Full Version : [kde] plasma python scriptengine stopped working

nerdy_kid
October 14th, 2009, 02:03 PM
the python script engine just suddenly stopped working. when i run plasmoid viewer from commandline:

findServiceByDesktopPath: not found
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/kde4/apps/plasma_scriptengine_python/pyappletscript.py", line 21, in <module>
from PyKDE4.plasma import Plasma
ImportError: No module named plasma
Error in sys.excepthook:
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/apport_python_hook.py", line 100, in apport_excepthook
os.O_WRONLY|os.O_CREAT|os.O_EXCL), 'w')
OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/crash/_usr_bin_plasmoidviewer.1000.crash'

Original exception was:
File "/usr/share/kde4/apps/plasma_scriptengine_python/pyappletscript.py", line 21, in <module>
from PyKDE4.plasma import Plasma
ImportError: No module named plasma

please help, this really sucks as i use(d) this engine a lot...

charles.figura
October 14th, 2009, 04:17 PM
It's not just the plasmoidviewer tool. Looks like it happened with last night's/yesterdays new version of the python/kde/plasma packages on Karmic. Mine were fine until I rebooted this morning.

nerdy_kid
October 14th, 2009, 04:25 PM
hmm, any idea of what package(s) in particular? Cause the package cache still has the old version(s)...

charles.figura
October 14th, 2009, 04:51 PM
hmm, any idea of what package(s) in particular? Cause the package cache still has the old version(s)...

Yep... according to the installation history on synaptic:
python-kde4 (4:4.3.2-0ubuntu1) to 4:4.3.2-0ubuntu2
python-kde4-dev (4:4.3.2-0ubuntu1) to 4:4.3.2-0ubuntu2

I'm going to try reverting and see if that clears things up.

nerdy_kid
October 14th, 2009, 04:54 PM
kpackagekit doesn't have the nice feature of history logging (yet?) so i couldn't find them...thanks :)

charles.figura
October 14th, 2009, 05:03 PM
kpackagekit doesn't have the nice feature of history logging (yet?) so i couldn't find them...thanks :)

Yeah, neither did adept (as I recall) - that's why I've been using synaptic for years now. I prefer KDE to gnome, but they still haven't figured out some obvious (to me, anyway) things that gnome has.

nerdy_kid
October 14th, 2009, 06:13 PM
yeah, i seem to be using gnome and kde equally....i tried downgrading, didn't work, i'll have to wait till the next update. that sucks...back to gnome in the meanwhile