PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] hey guys! boot problems :(

Jay105
October 14th, 2009, 01:22 PM
hey guys

new to this forum and new to linux. wanted to say hi, but am also running into a little difficulty. having ordered a custom built (albeit budget) computer without an OS, i decided to look into Ubuntu. Excited by its possiblities, ive been researching and reading through everything i can get my hands on recently.

having taken delivery of the computer today, i inserted the disc into the drive and entered bios to select cd drive as first boot option. coming out of bios, im prompted to "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key".

this disc is a live disc and i previously tried to use it on my laptop while waiting on my computer to arrive. i repreated this same procedures on my laptop, and also failed to get anything but windows booting.

this leads me to believe the disc to be faulty, but entering it through windows, everything seems to be in order.

the mb is asrock k10n78, with p1.50 bios version currently running.

my question is, what do i do?

cheers, james

dstew
October 14th, 2009, 03:57 PM
but entering it through windows, everything seems to be in order. What did you see on the disk when you looked at it in Windows?