PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Modifying the theme

chinna saaeb
October 14th, 2009, 01:10 PM
I am using Ubuntu hardy 8.04.
In the desktop windows we have the brown bar at the top. I want to change its color.
How to do that?
My current theme is human.

crossedout
October 14th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Hi chinna saaeb,

It sounds like you're talking about the panel(s). Just right-click it, choose Properties and select the Background tab. You will see the option to change colors or make it transparent.

If you are asking about the individual windows, you can right-click the desktop, choose Change Desktop Background, then select the Theme tab.

-Xout

chinna saaeb
October 14th, 2009, 03:52 PM
No, I am not talking about the panel.
What I am talking about is the brown title bar (Human theme).
I want to change this color and if possible that of the icons

NovaWasp
October 14th, 2009, 03:55 PM
System > Preferences > Appearance

Go to the Colors Tab. I used GIMP to find a color I liked then typed the RGB numbers in.

later,

mikethedj4
October 14th, 2009, 05:18 PM
If you would like to install themes, I made a tutorial on my forum here (http://freewaretips.myfreeforum.org/about1325.html), and if you'd like to make your own theme I find the easiest way is by downloading a premade theme at gnome-look.org and editing the whole entire theme to what fits your needs.

I recommend GIMP for the image editing, and if you don't have it installed or have uninstalled it you can go to gimp.org to install it, and if you'd like to install brushes, and/or scripts you can download them at deviantart.com (resources & stock images/application resources/gimp brushes or gimp scripts/plugins)

chinna saaeb
October 15th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Thanks it is solved